It has been years since my last post.  My diet back then was a resounding success.  People complimented me right and left about my weight loss.  My happiest days were when my grandson didn't know who I was at first when I knocked on the door.  The other time was picking up my friend Terry from the airport and he, too, did not recognize me.  

Of course, I FUCKED that up and put ALL that weight and more back on.  Today, I weigh a gargantuan 316 pounds--more than I have ever weighed before.  

The reason? Two-fold.  I fell down stepping into a pot hold while running and badly injured my ribs.  So I had to stop running.  I credit that daily running (up to 5 miles per day after four months) and my swimming laps at the gym with the amazing weight loss (about 110 pounds).  After the injury, I fell into the trap: TV and food.  Fuck! What is wrong with me?  Why didn't I stop?  Why didn't I see what was happening to me?  

Okay, I'm here and now what am I going to do about it?  Having been stuck at home because of the COVID pandemic, honestly, was my excuse.  I hate my condition.  I hate pictures of me, I hate sitting in theaters tucked into the seats.  I hate, hate, hate that all I can wear comfortably now are 3X sweatpants.  FUCK!

I have an excellent excuse now.  About a year ago, my knee went out.  I could hardly walk.  May trips to the doctor, an MRI, X-rays, and exams show arthritis and a small tear in the meniscus.  Not serious enough for surgery.  My jogging days are over.  Walking is fine but there is pain.

Regardless, I simply MUST lose this weight.  At least 70+ pounds.  How am I going to do it?  Simple, of course.  I need to get back to healthy eating.  I have to remember smaller portions.  I have to eat more vegetables and fruits.  

Today, January 1, 2022 I begin.  Goal: 235 lbs on December 31.  The doctor also says I'm now pre-diabetic...FUCK!!  No more white rice, bread, hot dogs and potatoes.  It's back to chicken and vegetables.  

I'm not going crazy.  Baby steps.  This morning I walked around the trailer park.  I rejoined the gym and will again begin to swim.  I will also try to ride a stationary bike and begin lifting small amounts of weights.  It will take the entire year.

I have DONE THIS before and I can do it again.  

 

Comments