Day 569


7-27-19

I was up after a good 8 hours of sleep (unusual when I’m on these trips).  After the necessary morning routine business, I headed down to slide my card for the multiplier (2X—big surprise) and to also slide Terry’s card as he’s allowing me to use it for the free weekend buffets.  I got the ticket.  The VIP section of the buffet is on the left and you don’t need to check in the front; just go down and hand the ticket to the hostess (no ID requested). 

The buffet is excellent.  Truth be told, I wouldn’t pay for it as it’s pretty expensive, but I really enjoy the free food and service.  My problem is that I eat too much.

After the food, I headed for some playing.  I played two or three penny games and waited for a bonus or feature and then cash out.  One game was a bust but the other two gave me a small profit. 
I then played some single line Jacks or Better for the next couple of hours.  I stayed clear of the triple plays, though honestly, I prefer playing them…so much more exciting.  I did manage to lose my hundred but put on over 1600 points on my card ($5 a point); I got a lot of play out of that hundred. 
I then went to the full pay machines and tried my luck at NSUD, and damn if after about the 8th hand, I caught the deuces.  I played some more and came close (four to the royal, dealt three deuces) but nothing more materialized and I quit with a $200 profit—much needed as I was down for the trip.  I’m still down…but not much.

I needed a break from playing and I went over to the mall to see the Spiderman movie again.  I really just wanted the popcorn and the air conditioning.  As usual, I saw things this time around that I missed during my first viewing. 

It’s 111 here today and the walk back to the hotel was intense, but it’s all good. 
I took a bit of break and then went down for one more run for the trip.  I played NSUD and got it up to $150 but then it went cold and I cashed out $100 and played a little spin poker for nickels and some Ultimate X for nickels—that was fun but a disaster.  I went down to triple plays facing the river.  I was dealt the magic four to a royal, but couldn’t get the Jack of clubs I needed.  Then it was back to the NSUD and again a wild ride up and down but just cashed out even. 

That’s all for this time around.


Comments