Day 568
A text came in to me at 3:15 AM, very unusual. I got up to look and it was Terry. He has been playing at the Golden Nugget
since 2 AM and invited me over. I got
dressed, picked up some coffee and walked over to find him at a table in back with
a huge stack of chips. He woke up and
just decided to go over and play for a bit but the table was very soft and he
was winning. I told him I didn’t want to
play, so he stacked up ($245) and cashed out.
We hung out at McDonalds drinking coffee for a bit and I
headed back to the room to shower. I met
him and Louise at the Fremont buffet (yes…we pay…but it’s cheap and worth
it). We had a long breakfast and I (was
already packed up) checked out and headed for Laughlin. I didn’t want to drive in the heat of the
afternoon.
I arrived at the Aquarius just after 10:00 AM. It was too early to check in, so I decided to
go see THE LION KING, but the next showing wasn’t until 1 PM. I swiped my card (you have to do that now to
get your multiplier before you play) and of course, got 2X…I’ve never
gotten anything higher.
I sat down at the bank of machines facing the sportsbook to
play some 9/6 JoB. All these machines
have full pay jacks and BP. I checked as
I played at sure enough I was getting a point for every $5 (because of the 2x multiplier). I played for a good while catching the
occasional quad and I eventually quit with the same hundred. I put in a $20 into a Sahara Lightning Link
and played 50 lines at 2-cents (always play 2-cents because of the minor and
mini) for $1 per spin. I was down to
$1.65 when the bonus hit. It wasn’t big
but I was able to cash out $16+. I put
that ticket into a Heidi Beer (the newer one) and caught a bonus rather soon at
$.75 per spin. It was a nice one (I
tried to video it) and cashed out $43.
I walked down to the machines facing the river and put a
hundred into the quarter triple play BP.
It wasn’t long before I finally caught quad Aces on the middle
line. I cashed up (don’t remember) and
cashed that out and headed over to the Riverside for the movie. It was “only” 102 so the walk was just
fine. I was still a bit early so I sat
down at the Quick Quads. I’ve always had
my best luck on the machine on the right end.
It was open. I played for a bit
catching only one QQ, when I finally was dealt QQ—first time that’s happened in
a long time. I cashed out and headed to
the theater.
The film was good.
Of course, I knew the story and all the songs but I was most amazed that
I was watching a 100% computer generated action movie. It was truly remarkable. It’s certainly worth seeing, but it’s not one
I’d watch again.
I walked back to the Aquarius to check in. Without being with Terry and able to check in
the VIP lounge, I got in the back of the “Disneyland long” line. I checked my watch and it took 30 minutes to
the front of the line—not horrible. It
was $39 per night with the second night free and I opted for the $10 per night
premier room. I have zero problem paying
$30 per night for a nice room with a coffee maker and refrigerator.
After unpacking, it was back down to the triple plays. I soon hit quad Aces again and kept at it
when I was dealt quad 3s. Very
sweet! I cashed out and walked down to
the Colorado Belle. It was sad to see
that the poker room was shut down. I sat
down at a Dragon Link and again played 2-cent level for a $1 per spin. I caught a crazy good bonus and cashed out
$216. Wow!
It’s funny how gambling some days nothing goes right and
then there are others that everything seems to hit. Of course, as like most, I tried to stretch
just a little too far. I was back at the
triple plays but this time, the VP gods had had enough and took back $200. I had to good sense to quit for the day. It was a much needed profitable day.
I was going to pick up dinner at Panda King and take it to
the room but the line was all the way into to the casino, so I headed over to
McDonalds and had a Quarter Pounder meal (I haven’t had one in a very, very
long time and was mildly surprised—it was good).
Crazy fun day.
Comments
Post a Comment