Day 567
7-25-19
The day started out well.
I picked up Terry at 7:45 and we headed over to Sante Fe Station. We had their breakfast buffet ($8.95;
excellent buffet for the price) and then signed up for the 10 AM Limit Omaha
tournament. We walked around playing a
few Lightning Link machines for fun (made a small profit).
There were three tables of 10 for the tournament. Terry lasted just before the final table. I managed to hang on. I won’t go into hands except to say that I
was chip leader at the beginning of the final table, but got beat up when my
A/2 low was matched by two other players and my dealt trips were beat on the
river with a gut straight. I did felt
three of the final table players.
By the time the bubble burst (5th place and we
agreed to give him $100), I was the short stack but fortunately the other
players (all regulars) wanted to just end the game and chop (it had been almost
four hours). With the remaining we all
got $368. I gave $18 tip (as did the
others) and left with $350. The buy in
was $50 with a $20 add on.
I played some deuces wild (full pay at Sante Fe Station) and
played for awhile going up and down and finally quit even.
We drove back downtown and left the car at the valet and met
Louise, who had caught a Royal at the Golden Gate for $1150. She also caught the progressive straight
flush, so she certainly had a good day.
We went down to Pizza Rock (they accept ONE card points) and
ordered an Americano Pizza, which was outstanding. We walked over to the Grand as Terry wanted
to see the machines that are now all full pay.
Note the full pay are in quarters and up; however, we found that nickels
are close to full pay as well and so I played some Ultimate X deuces for nickels
and walked with at $10 profit.
We then walked over to the ice cream place in the California
and had some scoops. We walked around
the MMS and then walked back to the Golden Gate where we played some Keno and
then the progressives. Terry hit quad
Aces almost right away but I couldn’t catch anything and lost $100 and called
it day.
Comments
Post a Comment