Day 566


Las Vegas 7-24-19

Quite a full day.

I woke up at 4:30 AM (habits hard to kick).  Because I forgot my coffee maker (shit!), I walked down to McDonalds to buy a large coffee and bring it back to the room.  I finished the day’s report and did my other Internet stuff.

I walked down to the Grand to confirm the new policy there.  Sure enough, every single VP machine had full pay games: 10/6 DDB; 10/7/5 DB; NSUD; 9/6 BDX; 8/5 BP; and 9/6 Jacks.  However, also on every one of those machines was a sticker that said Video Poker does not accept slot club points or benefits.  Considering their points didn’t offer much in the first place, that seems to be okay, I suppose.  We shall see how this works out. 

I walked down to the Golden Gate and I had $20 in free play.  I used it in a Zeus machine and I caught a feature that soon doubled my money.  I cashed out $40 and went to the 8/5 progressives and hit a couple of quads.  I was up to $95 when Terry and Louise came down to meet me and go to breakfast.

We went to the buffet at the Fremont.  We had no points, but at ten bucks, it’s still a good deal.  We took our time and had a nice morning.  Terry and I went to the Golden Nugget to play some poker.  We played for a little over an hour but out table broke.  Terry had lost, but I was up $20. 

We decided to go to Red Rock to try out their 2/4 Kill game.  We got in fairly soon but we were both getting killed with tough beats.  On this day quads paid $50 with a $25 splash pot.  A player got the quad and, of course, everybody stayed in and one guy was raising preflop, so even before the flop there was already almost $60 in the pot.  I had been dealt a pair of fours.  The flop was all spades (one of my fours was a spade—but, well, you know).  The same guy that started all the preflop raising kept betting out, I gave up, but a couple other people, including Terry were staying in.  The turn was a blank (betting all around); the river was a fourth spade.  The raiser kept betting out and Terry was staying in. 

Yea…Terry had the King of Spades and the maniac somehow had the Ace of Spades.  Well…shit.  The pot was huge and it cost Terry almost $40.  We had both bought in for $100 and when Terry busted, I only had $20 left.  We quit and went over to a bank of full pay machines and played Deuces Wild.  We played for the next two hours on the hundred but finally we had to call it when Terry had only $10 and I had $50, but it was late and time for a late lunch (early dinner?).

We drove back downtown and picked up Louise and headed to Sahara where there was a PTs, which are owned by the same people who won the Aquarius and we were under the understanding the we could use Terry’s points.  Terry and Louise had burgers and I had a ham and cheese sandwich.  The food was really good but it turns out they haven’t switched over so we had to pay for the lunch.  I played some nickel 4-card keno waiting for the food and won $10. 

We went back to the D and I turned the car over to the valet.  We went upstairs and the progressives were really high on the VUE bar (Royal $1190; St. Flush $200+).  We played for awhile and finally cashed out.  I hit a couple of small quads but lost $27.  We walked over to the Golden Gate and played some more 8/5 Progressives.  I went on a nice little quad run (I used the ticket from this morning’s free play).  I got it all the way to $258, but then went on the usual skid and finally quit up $150.

I actually ened the day up about $30.  Not too bad.  It was a very full day.


Comments