Day 565
Las Vegas 7-23-19
After I finished the trash pickup, I headed out and was on
the road by 7:30 AM. Of course, I got
stuck in some traffic getting on the 52 (morning rush hour) but by the time I
was on the 15, things went just fine.
The biggest problem was on the 15 at the Corona Crawl and it was pretty
much stop and go all the way until almost the merge with 115 (?). They are widening the freeway and I have made
the mental to NOT take that way to or from until next year. I’ll take the old way through San Bernadino
and Riverside.
I got to Las Vegas at a little before 1 PM (too early to
check in), so I stopped at the Silverton.
I hadn’t been here in a long time and wanted to see any changes. There were none aside from the old poker room
is now a “Lightning Link” room dedicated to all those types of machines. As noted, there are no full pay machines any
more EXCEPT at the bar by the Café where I found plenty of 8/5 BP bar
tops. They also still have a bank of All
Star machines that have Ugly Deuces Spin Poker for nickels. I couldn’t resist and played for a good half
hour. I never caught anything special
and was never dealt three deuces and was dealt two deuces only twice, but I
caught plenty and finally cashed out $103.25 for a solid $3.25 win. I am up for the trip!
I drove downtown taking the back way and valet the car at
the D. It was 2 PM and asked for a room
as high as possible and an even number room (facing away from the Fremont
Experience) and was given 3436…PERFECT.
Check in is always such a breeze.
I unpacked everything and went down to the slot card booth
to pick up my $25 match play chip, which I put on roulette black…and won! I then went up to the VUE bar and played the
8/5 progressives for a good two hours. I
did manage three regular quads and one bonus quad (3s) but couldn’t catch any
major progressives. I was down a
hundred and quit for now. I went down to
the Zeus machine to use my $25 free play.
I played the “extra power ups” so it was $1 a spin. I was on a roll. I hit two bonuses and three Zeus features. I was up to $100 but was hitting so well, I
played it down to $80 and cashed. So
far…so good.
I got the car out of valet and headed over to the Eureka
Casino as there’s a café there called Fat Choy that supposedly has one of the
best burgers in town. After I got there,
I wasn’t impressed and went, instead, over to the Tuscany to eat and perhaps
play. After getting there, I decided I
just wasn’t hungry for a big meal and played the JW progressive (as is my
routine). The first $20 did find two
quads, but eventually was gone. I
changed machines and played for a bit when I hit a natural straight flush and
cashed out $40. I watched the Padres
lose to the Mets (what’s new?) and finally drove over to a gourmet hot dog
place I’ve been to before across from the Hard Rock. I had dog and some fries when I got a message
that Terry had landed.
I picked him and Louise up at the airport and dropped them
off at the GG and then parked my car back at the D. I needed a hundred more points so I went up
to the VUE once again. I did make my
daily 300+ points for the day, but I did not catch ONE quad or any other
progressive. I did play for quite awhile
all things considered but end up down $200 for the session.
I called it night.
Comments
Post a Comment