Day 529


June 15, 2019
You know there’s going to be one day that simply turns to shit, and this one was it.  Things have just been going to well to continue…but there ya go. 

 I met Terry at the full pay machines in front of the buffet and we played NSUD.  It started out great as I held one deuce and the other three turned up.  I cashed out that ticket and put in another hundy but, of course, they didn’t return and I switched to 9/6 Bonus Deluxe.  There were no quads for me and I went back to deuces and finally lost the hundred.  Terry didn’t hit them either.

We met up with Louise for the breakfast buffet (Excellent—used his two free and slot points for me).  It’s an expensive buffet and I wouldn’t pay these prices but free is always the right price.

We then hit the machines facing the river.  I lost a fast hundred on the triple plays, then a hundred on a Super Times Pay (I wanted to give it shot as yesterday the Super Times bonus feature was appearing constantly while some guy was playing it).  Of course, when I played it, the feature only appeared twice—both with dead hands.  I won’t make that mistake again.  Having just lost my deuces winnings in about ten minutes, I slowed down and went to the single line 9/6 Jacks.  Things were hot here and I most have hit five or six quads—back up a hundred.

The triple plays opened back up and we played for a good hour or so, but few quads on these and of course no Royals.  I lost my hundred as did Terry.  It was off to the Belle for poker.  We put in five hours of play and though I did get my mixed Aces cracked, things just didn’t go my way and I lost $85.  It was worse for Terry who dropped $132.  I only managed one flush and Terry got two.  We held on to our cards for another session after dinner.

We went back to the Aquarius where we met up with Louise who had gone to see the new Men In Black movie (she liked it).  We played the triple plays for another hour or so and I dropped another hundred (things definitely not going my way today).  We all walked back to have dinner at the Pints restaurant at the Belle.  Being Saturday and Father’s Day weekend, the place was packed but we found three open spots at the bar and were served right away.  We all had the “best melted cheese sandwich in the world” and it was delicious.  Terry used his points to pay for it all.  The waiter forgot to charge us for the drinks (two beers and a wine) and Terry alerted him but he said “Oh well, you looked at the machine, don’t worry about it,” 

Louise went back to the Aquarius and Terry and I went back to poker.  Terry said he was going to play until midnight if he had to as he wanted to catch all four flushes.  He caught his third flush short order but that was just a tidbit because he had the biggest rush I’ve seen at a 2/4 table…he was just catching everything in sight and winning the majority of hands.  When I left at 10 PM having only two flushes on my card but too tired to continue, Terry was already over $300 ahead.  I lost another $60. 

What with the Father’s Day weekend, I know the drive home Sunday will be a terrible idea, so I called the Golden Gate and booked one of my free nights.  I will be nice to not drive home after driving back to Vegas from Laughlin and to just leave Monday Morning. 


Comments