Day 527
June 13, 2019
My internal clock is such is that I woke up at 2 AM and
having just gone to sleep at 10, that was not going to happen so I forced
myself back to sleep for another three hours.
I finished up everything here in the room by 6:30 and Terry is going to
meet me at the valet at 8, so I went down to the casino and played a
little. I have to admit that damn crown
game lured in with the crown and a teddy right on the end, and even though I
knew better, I went for it. And again to
no surprise, the feature didn’t kick in until about 95 spins (I did catch a
bonus and a couple decent hits along the way, but I was still down about
$45). Of course, both the crown and the
teddy went down blank holes, but I did manage the sapphire for a $31.85
win. I am going to HAVE to stop
suckering in to these games.
I then went over to the Zeus machine where I hit the
bonus. I always add the “Extra Power
ups” which doubles the cost but I only play the $.50 that now is $1.00 each
spin. I did catch a nine free spin bonus
and the feature showed up on the 6th spin. This time I got four power ups and all of
them were for an extra line at the bottom.
That turned out to be enough for a $48 bonus.
Terry met me at the D valet and we headed for Sante Fe
Station for breakfast and then to enter into the Omaha Hi/Lo Tournament. After we arrived, we went straight to the
poker room as they have a 5,000 chip bonus for early registration. It’s $50 with a 8,000 chip add on for $20 if
you want but must buy before the first break. We walked over to the buffet and at $.99 per person, this
is a great buffet. We had enough points
on our cards between us that we only need another $4.00. The whole casino, since it’s remodel looks a
lot like the inside of Red Rock. It has
a great sportsbook and all the usual locals joint amenities (movie theater,
bowling, assorted restaurants, etc).
Scattered throughout the casino are some full pay VP machines labeled
100%+ Video Poker. In these are full pay
deuces, loose deuces, 10/6 DDB, 10/7 DB, and full pay Jokers. Why in the world people play the hundreds of
low pay VP is beyond me, but I’m sure the point thing is something locals care
about, but sorry, keep the points, give ME the money. We played full pay deuces for a while. Terry couldn’t catch anything but I had
plenty of decent hits that when we cashed out I was up $25 for our short 15
minute session.
We were both surprised that there were four full tables of
players for this tournament, Hi/Lo Limit Omaha.
Blinds began at 25/50 with 20 minute sessions. The first break was after six sessions. I did make it to the break having won a few
hands here and there. Early in the game,
I took some shots with marginal hands (holding mid pairs, wrap arounds) but as
the blinds went up, I started to tighten up waiting for A/2 or A/3; high suited
pairs and such. I was beginning to catch
some of my WSOP luck; I was getting screwed on the river or my A/2s were
counterfeited. At the break, I bought in
for the extra 8,000 chips. Terry chose
not to as he was okay.
The first session after the break killed me. The player on my left was catching 75% of all
the wins throughout the game. I had the
perfect hand dealt to me A/2, A/2 hearts and spades. I raised preflop. I was called by three players. The flop was 8/9/10 of clubs—well, shit. I had to call bets to see if the fourth card
was a low card…and it was…so the pot was so large I had to now wait for the
river…a King—well shit, I was crippled.
On my final all-in hand I had a good one, A/2; K/K. Flop was 4,5,5. The turn was a 10 and the river…a damn deuce,
and yes, the guy on my left had A/3.
Terry, on the other hand was hanging right in there. I told him I’d be at the full pay machines right
outside the entrance of the poker room.
I was having a good day at deuces. I hung around my $100 buy in for a long time
when I finally hit quad deuces holding two.
It’s been a long time and it felt great.
The $250 win brought me back to the black for the trip. I played for a good hour before Terry busted
out in 8th place having made the final table (pays top four). I cashed out for $400; a nice $300 win for
me—countered by my $70 loss at the tournament.
My final thoughts on this tournament, which is every
Thursday at 10 AM—I found it fun and even though the vast majority of players
are old regulars, they were patient and nice to those who fumbled a bit during
the game. I loved this tournament and
vow to play every time I return. Win or
lose, the game keeps you focused and the limit structure assures you’re going
to have plenty of chances to catch some good cards. For the price of less than one buy in VP
session, this is killer entertainment for me.
We headed back to downtown where Louise was waiting for us
at the 8/5 progressives. We met up with
her, and yes, we played again for the next couple of hours. I hit four regular quads but Terry again hit
the straight flush progressive for $128.
The Royal was now edging up to $1700.
I finally flew the white flag and cashed out a $50 loss. It was after 4 PM and I wanted to walk around
the Strip and see the new things, so I said goodnight to Terry and Louise.
I drove first down to the Westgate to check in on the
Trooper who has his Trooper Thursday at the poker room there. The Westgate has reinstituted paid parking
except on their open lots. I drove over
to the sportsbook entrance and I found one open spot in the shade (106 here
today). Poker room was busy and the
Trooper was there with many of the usual players. I then sat down at my favorite Spin Poker
deuces game with a hundred seed money. I
was being dealt deuces almost every hand and one time, three deuces, but alas
no quads. However, when I was up $50, I
cashed out happy to recoup my Golden Gate loss.
I next went to Palazzo and parked down in the basement (great
place to park: free, cool, and easy in/easy out). My plan was to walk as far down as the
Cromwell, go across the Strip and head back to the car seeing all the new
things as I went. I love to just walk
around looking at stuff and sitting here and there people watching.
My next big life goal is after I leave my security job at
the park (whenever that might be—could be years—could be months--who knows?), I
am planning another Hit ‘em All, Nevada trips travelling the state and placing
a bet in every casino in the state.
However, this time, I will make a video of my exploits and post them on
my You Tube channel. I have already
begun the preliminaries. I’ve downloaded
and am just beginning to learn how to edit videos. Today, I will take some short videos as I
walk testing out not only my skill (rather lack of) of taking videos while
walking and talking and then editing them after I return home. I know this process is going to take be a
very long time of hit and misses, but hell, time is all I have.
I have opened a bank account where I’m slowly depositing
money away for this huge and costly endeavor.
It may be a couple of years, but because I plan on making a $20 bet in
every casino and large slot house along the way AND the cost of gas and
lodgings, I expect this will be a shinny penny or two. Today will be a trial run. My first casino is Palazzo. I put $20 in a Tiki Lightning Links and
promptly lost it with no bonuses. Next
up is the Venetian. I put $20 in a
bubble game, and cashed out $38.
I walked over to Casino Royale, which has gone over a major
remodel. The bar is in the middle now
and the cheap Vegas wear discount clothing is gone. It looks nicer but is still a grungy
joint. The Link was next. This place has HUGE changes—all to the good. I sat down for awhile in the sportsbook and
watch some of the NBA finals game and rested.
Then I checked out the new Strip entrance and the massive 360 degree centers
booths. This is really turned into one
of the nicest casinos on the Strip.
Unfortunately, my $20 gamble in a Buffalo game was not. I went next to the Flamingo. I put in $20 in
a Sahara Lightning link (2-cent 50 lines) and hit a bonus cashing out $28. I then walked through the Flamingo playing
another Lightning link, but lost it. I
did take of pick of PokerKraut, who was dealing (another poker vlogger that I
follow). Finally, the Cromwell (nothing
new to note here but still nice) and another shot at the Tiki Lightning Link
turned into nada.
I made my way across the street to Caesars—lots of beautiful
girls in short dresses—love it. I walked
through the sportsbook, which like everywhere was jammed with NBA finals going
on and then through the Forum Shops taking short videos along the way. I did have a nice win at Caesars (using my new
Caesars Gold Rewards card—no doubt I’ll be getting many room offers) having
cashed out a Dragon Link bonus for $39.
I then walked over to the Mirage, still a great casino, and
is maintained well over the years. I
lost my $20 in a Sahara Lighting Link. Finally, I headed to Treasure Island and they,
too, have made some very much needed changes and looks pretty good. However, I just don’t see this every becoming
a “destination resort” anymore. I hit a
bonus a Buffalo gold and cashed out a huge $20.32 ticket for a $.32 win.
It was now back to the car and back to the D. I picked up a dog and some fries at Coney
Island Dogs to took it to my room (the only food along with the breakfast
today—just not hungry).
I look at my wallet shows a trip total of +$100. Yes!
Comments
Post a Comment