Day 526
June 12, 2019
I finished things up in the room and got the trip report off
and headed downstairs. One of the crown
machines had two teddy bears on the edge, so I gave it $40 shot without the
feature making an appearance. I then sat
at the Long Bar to play their 8/6 Bonus Deluxe (the Vue Bar is under
construction). I hadn’t caught any quads
and was down to $30 when all the machines at the bar locked up for whatever
reason. I cashed out and went to the 8/5
Bonus games across from the registration desk.
I went on a hell of a run and after catching quad 10s, Js, 4s, & 3s,
I cashed out $240. I walked over to the
Zeus machine and played a dollar a push and caught a bonus and amazingly hit
the major for $174. I am suddenly even
for my entire trip.
I walked over to the Fremont where I met with Terry and had
their breakfast buffet. We walked over
to the Golden at 8:45 and both got right into a game at different tables. For the next three hours we played poker. My table was very soft with a couple of
players who played every hand and rarely ever folded while Terry’s was full of
locals and was tight. My worse cooler
was being dealt the nut flush and of course I bet and raised throughout the
hand until the river when a second Ace hit.
Of course, the guy on my left bet and I had to call. He had quad Aces and only took a huge pot but
also $306 jackpot money. I lost over $50
on that one hand.
Within ten minutes later, the guy on my right flopped a
Royal Flush in spades. He won $245. Fifteen minutes later, the 2/1 table next to
me hit a diamond Royal Flush. However, I
kept getting into betting fits with one of fish and I was ahead $160 at one
point. Things started to turn on me and
I cashed out $102 profit—a rare feat for me at a 2/4 game. I never had even a sniff of a jackpot
hand.
Louise had slept in so Terry and I walked back to the Golden
Gate around noon and waited for her to meet us and so we sat down at the 8/5
progressives. The straight flush was
over $120 and the Royal over $1500. Even
though I never got a quad on this one machine with $3K play, I was determined
this time to get one. My first quad came
over an hour later (I never put in another hundy because I was getting lots of
flushes and two pairs) when I hit the Aces.
Not long after that, Terry hit quad Aces…and not long after that Louise
(who had joined us) also hit quad Aces.
I did manage two more quads and hour later and we finally quit when
Terry got a straight but needed to get rid of the 5 of hearts and pray for a 5
of diamonds to collect the straight flush progressive that was now over
$165. He caught it! I cashed out for $100.89 for a microscopic win
for the almost 3K session.
We walked down to Pizza Rock for another slice (yes, it’s
the best). It was 106 today so we
hovered around the shaded areas as much as possible. The three of us then played a truly horrible
blackjack session. We all lost the first
11 hands in a row. The dealer was on
fire. It was a hole I could never
recover from and was out of my $100 stake in short order. It was 5 PM now and I still needed to put
more points on my D account so I left that at the BJ table and walked down and
found a seat at the Long Bar to give the 8/6 ($1199 royal) bonus deluxe game
another shot…very smart considering my luck with quads? The Stanley Cup final game was on the TV
monitors and the volume cranked. I was
down to $30 when I hit quad 9s. Excited
to have it and be in the black and tired of the loudness of the bar crowd
around me, I headed back to the 8/5 bonus games at the registration desk. Again, I sat on the machine on end and again,
this machine was very good to me. I hit
a few quads and loads of other small hits and walked with a $100 profit after
making my 3K for the day here.
I walked back to the main casino only shocked to see Terry
sitting at the crown machine I couldn’t catch the feature on this morning. The crown and a teddy was right on the edge
and he decided to go for it. I told him
how I could never get the feature but he was determined (Terry hates penny
games—very weird). He lost $40, no
feature, he put in a hundred (I warned him) but he was in that zone this
machine was not going to beat him. At
$80, he finally got the damn feature and OF COURSE the crown and the teddy fell
into nothing holes and he end up with the green leaf good for $13.54.
I took him over to the Zeus machine where I hit my major
jackpot this morning and he wanted to give it try for $20 (who is this guy, and
what have you done with Terry?). We sat
down at the two machines each putting in a $20.
I caught two features that were crappy and then he caught one good for
$48. We cashed out and walked over to
the cicada machines. I lost both my
rounds but he played twice and turned a profit each time and end up actually
making a small profit in penny slots. Go
figure.
It was 9PM and I was done.
I picked up a dog at Coney Dogs and took it back to the room. The exact numbers are a bit confused (I don’t
write anything down), but as I count in my room, I’m only $40 down for my
entire trip. Consider incidentals, tips
and such, this is pretty damn good. Not only
have I given the Golden Gate $6K but I’ve also fulfilled my $3K here at the
D.
To date: -$40.
Comments
Post a Comment