Day 525


Vegas – June 11, 2019
Trash pickup this morning had an incident.  After dropping a load and heading to pick up more, I heard a rumbling sound and looked in the rearview mirror of my golf cart to see a runaway dumpster heading down the street.  I braked and went running after it but not before it smashed into a home and then picked up speed.  I reached it and stopped it (my Superman moment).  The ding in the house can be fixed but I felt lucky it didn’t hit any cars or people. 

Jose said he’d finish it up and let out early.  I left the house at 7 AM.  Aside from a couple of stop-and-goes, I made it fine to Las Vegas in 5 hours.  I was to pick up Terry and Louise at the airport at 12:30 so I had a half hour.  I stopped at the Tuscany to run a $20 through the nickel JW machines.  That went too fast with no quads, so I put in another.  I soon hit a wild Royal and soon after that a quad and cashed out $60. 

I picked them up at airport and we drove downtown where I dropped them off at the Golden Gate and I valet the car at the D.  There was no line and despite it being only 1 PM, they checked me into room 1215.  After unpacking the Barbaurs and I walked down to Pizza Rock and had a slice each and some drinks using our ONE card points.  The pizza is excellent. 

We then walked back to the GG to play the 8/5 Progressives.  Terry hit six or seven quads; Louise hit a couple, but after three one hundred dollar bills from me—nothing.  Not one quad and just a few full houses.  I did run 3K and hung in there for a good while, but just a horrible dry period.
Louise sent to the room and Terry and I walked for a while.  We finally end up at the El Cortez and played blackjack for about an hour.  I bought in for $100 and I cashed out for a $100.  Terry lost $40.  Considering the tipping, playing a few side games on the blackjack table and a beer, I actually had a pretty good session.

We then walked over to the Grand and found that the same machines were there (it was reported they were gone).  I played some 9/6 Jacks and Terry went after Super Aces on the bank of machines facing next to the Cashier booth.  Louise soon joined us.  I finally hit two quads (within ten hands of each other), but Terry held three and caught the other two for a Royal—his first of the year.  I cashed out a $60 profit and he $1025 profit. 

We headed back up Fremont St and all the madness (we did check out the Golden Nugget poker room and it was packed with a long waiting list—it will have to wait until tomorrow).  We stopped for Coney Island hot dogs.  I took mine to the room and called it a night. 

Down $220 for the day. 



Comments