Day 471
Run and swim went fine, though a tad bit of a struggle. But I am hanging in there. I still am wavering on how much I should also be watching the calories...it's a struggle.
So I found a woman's clutch bag while running. It was right in the middle of the sidewalk in front of In an Out Burger. Inside was a driver's license, SSN card, military dependent ID and such. There was no credit cards or cash.
I went online to find this person (Brittney) and was unsuccessful but I did leave a message with who I believe is her brother who is on Facebook and I also left a message on her Instagram but it's unlikely she'd get it as I'm not a friend.
So, there was no other way but to drive up to Oceanside and drop it off at her house (address was on the driver's license). I drove up and called my son if he wanted to have lunch being that I was up there already and he and Libby met me at Islands Restaurant in Carlsbad. I have no clue why people like this place so much. I think the menu is basic with high prices and the food...good...but nothing special. We had a nice talk and it turns out they are not planning to move to Nashville until the twins are out of high school...four more years. They are all flying there tomorrow for three nights to check things out.
I left to get the bag to Brittney but I found that she lives on Camp Pendleton. I stopped at the Visitor's Gate and told the sentries the situation. They decided to just let me on the base to give it to her myself. I found her house but there was no one home, so I left it in an envelope with my explanation as to how I found it between the screen door and the door.
By the time I got home, I just hung out the rest of the day at the house.
Trash pick up went without a hitch and even finished in record time (45 minutes).
So I found a woman's clutch bag while running. It was right in the middle of the sidewalk in front of In an Out Burger. Inside was a driver's license, SSN card, military dependent ID and such. There was no credit cards or cash.
I went online to find this person (Brittney) and was unsuccessful but I did leave a message with who I believe is her brother who is on Facebook and I also left a message on her Instagram but it's unlikely she'd get it as I'm not a friend.
So, there was no other way but to drive up to Oceanside and drop it off at her house (address was on the driver's license). I drove up and called my son if he wanted to have lunch being that I was up there already and he and Libby met me at Islands Restaurant in Carlsbad. I have no clue why people like this place so much. I think the menu is basic with high prices and the food...good...but nothing special. We had a nice talk and it turns out they are not planning to move to Nashville until the twins are out of high school...four more years. They are all flying there tomorrow for three nights to check things out.
I left to get the bag to Brittney but I found that she lives on Camp Pendleton. I stopped at the Visitor's Gate and told the sentries the situation. They decided to just let me on the base to give it to her myself. I found her house but there was no one home, so I left it in an envelope with my explanation as to how I found it between the screen door and the door.
By the time I got home, I just hung out the rest of the day at the house.
Trash pick up went without a hitch and even finished in record time (45 minutes).
Comments
Post a Comment