Day 465

It's my final day in Las Vegas/Laughlin and what a wild ride it was. 

I got at my usual early time and was more tired than usual mostly because I got to bed a little later and folks in the room next to mine were having their own little party.  There were about six older adults and they were simply enjoying themselves with lots of drink and music.  I could have called security, but I figured their on vacation too and having so much fun, I just dealt with it. 

I did my usual thing and eventually was packed and checked out of my room by 6 AM and put my things in my car.  I took a fast drive to the gas station ($2.54) and filled up the tank.  Being that I filled it at Costco in Henderson on the way here, I learned that it took just about 4 gallons from Las Vegas to Laughlin in my car.  Not great, but not bad for a large, heavy car with three adults and luggage.  I was also pleasantly surprised to check out and find that my total cost for both weekend nights was $45.25.  That's a bargain I'm happy to take any time. 

I met Terry and Louise at the AQ buffet for breakfast.  Though the new club doesn't allow them free weekend buffets anymore, their host gave them two comps and Terry used his points for mine.  We still get to sit in the VIP area.  The brunch buffet there is wildly overpriced, but is still very good.  I enjoyed my omelet, potatoes, bacon, hot crab legs, and dessert.  Terry has been amazing paying for ALL my food in Laughlin as a thanks for driving them all over but I do appreciate it. We all ate VERY well on this whole trip. 

While they packed, I went down for my last shot at the triple plays.  There was not much to report but I did manage a small $35 win.  I'm still in the glow of the two Royals yesterday.  I was dealt four to the royal twice, but nothing came of it.  We needed to be at the Golden Gate at noon in suite 33 for this year's MPT.  The drive went without a hitch back to the D where Terry and Louise will be staying for the next couple of nights. 

We arrived at the Valet at 11 AM and to my surprise, they were able to check into a room.  We dropped off their things and headed down to the Vue bar for more 8/5 progressives.  The Royal was over $1300.  We played until almost noon and I hit a few quads and cashed out for almost $100 profit. 

With the exception of Jean Marie, all the usual suspects were there at the MPT. We actually started the game at almost 1 PM with 14 players (Louise just watched), 7 on the bed mattress (Terry's group) and 7 (my group) on a makeshift table.  We played three sessions and at the first break, to my surprise, I was chip leader (that can be an ominous sign too).  We started play again and it wasn't long before the final nine were around the bed.  Terry didn't make to the final 9 but I was holding my own. 

The game went on for quite a bit with people slowly but surely going out.  There were four bounties (previous winners in Las Vegas) for $5 each.  I knocked out two (including Harv) and made the final three...then two.  It was me and a new player named Mike.  By this time the 4000/8000 and antes were 100, so we were basically at the point where we were going all in or folding preflop.  Mike finally called my all in and he won the hand.  We shook hands as it appeared he won the championship, but wait...I still had a crippling few chips left. 

At this point, I didn't even look at my cards and called all in.  And miracle of miracles, I won the next five hands in a row and I won the championship.  I got the trophy, $140, and bragging rights until next year. 

We all agreed that I'm having one hell of trip.  I didn't want to drive back to San Diego until at least 7 PM as I didn't want to get into the Sunday traffic mess of everyone going home, so it was back to the Vue bar where Scott, Terry, Louise, Dennis, Juday and I all were playing.  It wasn't long before I was dealt the A/J/Q/10 of spades and unbelievably caught the final K for my THIRD royal of the trip for $1059.  That's right...three royals in two days.  Not long after that, Dennis (Judy's husband) also caught a Royal.  Not long after that, I caught Aces...what the hell is going on?

It was 7 PM, and I decided I would leave, even though I was on a winning streak, but I knew it would be almost 1 AM even if I left now, plus there's nothing wrong without going home on a high.  So, I said my goodbyes and I still did catch some heavy stop and go before the CHP checkpoint just past Stateline, and then again through and past Baker, I managed to get home safe and sound. 

I left home with $1000.  I came back with almost $4000.  My wallet was bulging with hundreds.  I guess I can't bitch and complain anymore.  This has MORE than made up all my losses the past couple of years. 

Comments