Day 464
Day 5
Crazy, crazy day. I
was up early and as my usual, enjoyed coffee and some Ritz crackers. At 6, I walked over to the Belle to sign
Terry and I up for the morning poker high hand table. I played a $20 in the Keno machine (more for
tradition than anything else.
I came back to the Aquarius and bought a McMuffin from
McDonald’s and sat down at the triple plays facing the river. I finally hit quad Aces (8/5 Bonus) and was
up a bit when Terry joined me. We walked
over to the Belle for the 8 AM start, and there were only six players when the
high hand game started, but within 15 minutes it was a full table. As is also tradition for me, I couldn’t catch
a break. I was card dead for most the
hour and the hands I played, I lost again and again. By the 10 AM tournament time, this table
tends to die down as many of the players shift over to the tournament. We could have stayed, but by that time, I had
only $6 left of my hundred, so counting the leaves at the bottom of the tea
cup, I knew I should just quit.
We walked back the Aquarius and met up with Louise and
played some more at the triple plays. By
noon, we finally went to lunch at the café there (the service is always so slow
there but the food is always excellent).
I had a ham/bacon/cheese sandwich on sourdough and it was amazing. We decided to walk over to the Riverside as
Louise wanted to see MULE with Clint Eastwood.
I’d already seen it but I never mind seeing good movies more than
once. When we got there, the box office
lady said that it had started 10 minutes ago.
We knew we were a bit late, but assumed we’d just miss the
previews. Wouldn’t you know it? This movie didn’t have any and actually
started on time. So, we chucked that
idea and walked back to the AQ.
AGAIN, we sat down at the Triple Plays. There were going okay (I’m now officially
hooked on these games—I enjoy the rush so much more than the single lines) when
I held 10/J//K/Q of diamonds. I looked
at Terry. Yesterday when I needed a 2 of
diamonds for a $190 straight flush, I told him to think 2 of diamonds…we both
did, and I caught it. This time, I told
Terry to concentrate on the Ace of diamonds.
I hit the button…miss…miss…hit!
There it was on the third game at the top, my first Royal in two years!
I cashed that ticket in and came back. We played some more (yes, I hit another
straight flush as he did as well…not such a big deal when you play triple
plays). I lost my hundred I put in and
then we went back to the Belle to play poker until dinner. This time around, I was up as much as $35 and
finally at 4:30 cashed out for a small $10 profit…not much, but a profit nonetheless. Terry had a rough session. There were no high hands or busted Aces for
us and the flush attack is no longer being run.
We walked back and met Louise for dinner at the Italian
place at the AQ. This is the third time
I’ve eaten here and it really is the hidden gem in Laughlin. Yes, it’s fine dining and it is expensive,
but Terry uses his points and we were celebrating Louisa’s birthday (a few days
ago). The bill came to $134.00…but wow,
what a terrific meal. It was 6:30 PM and
I considered heading back to my room but told Terry and Louise I would join
them at the Triple Plays for one last $100.
It wasn’t long and BAM…another Royal, again in diamonds, on the first
line, holding the Q/A/10 and catching the other two. The top line caught the King for an almost
hit.
We certainly can’t bitch anymore about my long running bad
streak. Two Royals on the same day. I cashed out and called it a night. I texted Big Fuss (Catherine) who told me
that the MPT is at noon tomorrow, so we’ll have to head back to Vegas
early.
Comments
Post a Comment