Day 463


Day 4
Crazy up and down day.  Was up at 3:30 and goofed around the room with coffee and crackers until 6.  Went downstairs.  Found one of the crown games with a sapphire and Teddy on the edge.  Played down to $8 when the feature hit.  Missed the good ones but won the mini for $15. 

Saw a game I saw on You Tube I don’t remember the name.  It’s the most unusual game.  You make ten spins and during those ten spins, any beetles that come on stick with a border.  On the tenth spin, all of them turn to wilds.  I decided to try $3 per spin.  After my tenth spin, I end up winning $68. 
I went upstairs to play at the Vue bar and the 8/5 progressives again.  I caught a few quads and AGAIN caught a straight flush (all four were 9-K).  I was now back even for the trip.  I met Terry and Louise for breakfast at Magnolia’s which Terry used his points.  They went back to shower and pack and I went back to those games.  I played my $30 through once (10 spins) and only lost $8.  I did it again and won $28.  I then headed back up to the Vue Bar…made my 300+ points (two days this trip I managed this) and end up breaking even. 

We drove to Laughlin with no problems and checked in to the AQ.  I have a nice room on the 17th floor.  Terry and Louise got a corner suite.  Very nice.  We had lunch at the café (again, Terry used his points) and then played the machines facing the river.  I played JB (yes…hit the fucking Aces on Jacks or Better) but was doing well and was up $100.  I switched to triple play 8/5 BP.  Played for over an hour breaking even.  It was a good day for quads that kept me in the game. 

Terry and I walked over to the Belle.  Terry decided to play in the 2/4 game and I headed back to the hotel.  Before going to my room, I found a bank of machines with the crown.  There was one that had a sapphire and a teddy bear on the edge.  I took a shot.  This time, I hit the feature after only five spins.  I got the sapphire for $45.  I’ve had some luck on these this trip.

Four full days.  I left for Las Vegas with $1000, right now I have $1010.  Of course, it’s still too early to call an end to the losing streak but I’m pretty happy to get this far. 

Comments