Day 462


Woke up around 4:30 for a solid 8 hours of sleep.  Goofed around until 5:30 and went downstairs and found one of the Crown feature machines had two bears in the first row ($178), so of course, I had to give it shot.  On my very first play, I got a bonus (one of those dragon machines) that the dragon feature came down 6 out of 8 of the free spins.  Most were very little but one gave me a $60 win.  I had put in $40 and told myself if I didn’t get the crown feature before going down to my $40 investment, I’d give up.  With $99 now, I was down to $63 when it hit.  No, I didn’t get either bear, which fell into blank spots; I did catch the mini for $15 and cashed out. 

I walked down to the Grand as I wanted to keep those post cards coming in the mail, so I decided to try a hundy in the one 9/6 Jacks to quit at $50 or $150.  It was a long time but I finally caught a couple of quads and some boats and made the $150.  I then took $40 of that and tried the Aces Bonus.  I was down $30 when I caught the quad 3s for a $100.  I cashed out.  So now…once again, I’m back to even for the trip. 

BTW – I forgot to mention that I made two baseball bets.  On my radio, I listened to MLB on the way to Vegas and the guys were debating which teams were being underrated.  They were all adamant that the over/under of the Cubs (88) and the Yankess (96) were seriously off.  SO…I put a $50 bet down on each one.  So, now I have all season to hope those two teams win, win, and win more.

Terry and I had coffee at the Starbucks in Golden Nugget (there were no tables going).  He decided to let Louise sleep in and we headed out to the Strip.  We stopped at the Strat so he could get a new slot card, and then we drove to Bellagio and walked over to the Flamingo to play poker there.  The Flamingo no longer offers 2/4; only 3/6, so we both got seats.  We played for about an hour and things just got worse for me finally losing my $100 buy in.  I did, however, learn that I enjoy playing 3/6 more…I just had some rough luck and was card dead.

We went back downtown to meet Louise at Pizza Rock.  It turns out you can use your slot card points at Pizza Rock, so I used my points and we shared a great pizza.  We then headed back to Golden Gate and played some more 8/5 progressives.  I was doing terrible (no quads at all), but caught another straight flush ($190), more fourth for the trip.  I still couldn’t catch anything else and cashed out my original $100 breaking even. 

Louise went back to her room and Terry and I played poker at the Golden Nugget for the next three house.  We were both card dead for most the session, but I caught fire towards the end and only lost $20…Terry dropped his hundy. 

We parted ways.  I picked up a Corney Island hot dog and fries and went to my room to call a night.  Terry headed back to GG to probably play some more blackjack with Louise. 
We next head to Laughlin.


Comments