Day 461


I was up at 5 and enjoyed my coffee (still always bring my own coffee maker) and watched some TV news and did my morning computer routine things.  I wasn’t meeting Terry and Louise until 8 AM for breakfast so at 6, I went down to do my needed 300 points for the D in order to keep these offers coming.

  I had my $25 free play to use up and you can’t use it for video poker or for any progressive machine.  I almost played a Buffalo Gold, but went by and noticed on one of the crown extra penny games that the crown and the bear were next to the cliff boxes, so I used my free play there.  Of course, it took a long time to get the feature but finally did with $8 left and, of course, there was a blank where the crown fell, BUT, I did catch the bear for a nifty $171.00 win.  This almost erases my $200 loss yesterday.  Yea!

I went upstairs to the Vue bar (I was the only one there).  I fed in my hundred and played until almost 8 AM.  I hit two quads but somehow managed to break even having put in 144 points.  I’ll need to come back this evening to get in the rest.  I need to get the 300+ points in the one day to keep the “daily average” good.

Terry and Louise met me at the valet at 8 AM and we drove to the South Point where we were going to have their breakfast buffet.  Terry asked if I would mind driving out driving out to Henderson as he wanted to look at a house that’s for sale.  I didn’t mind.  He used his points for the buffet for the three of us.  It was good.  It was buffet.  ‘Nuff said.

We went to an area of Henderson I had never seen before.  It was east of the M resort into the hills at the foot of Black Mountain.  The house was a two bedroom, two baths with an office.  We spent a good hour there as the two went over it checking out every nook and cranny.  We then went to the clubhouse (the house is a part of a community).  It was spectacular!  The views of the strip and Lake Charles were awesome and the center had every kind of club and activity you could imagine.  I’m telling you, if I could afford it, I seriously consider moving here. 

A little after noon, we finally left.  Terry and Louise are seriously considering making an offer for this house.  We went back downtown and left the car with the valet.  We then headed to the Golden Nugget and got into a poker game at 1 PM.  We only played for a little over an hour.  I won only ONE hand for $5.  My poker game still sucks.  I lost $75.  At one point, I changed seats hoping my luck would change and the first hand, I was dealt pocket Kings.  The flop came K/5/3, two hearts.  I bet, three people stayed (I had raised preflop).  The turn was another heart.  I bet and one guy called.  The river was heart.  Four hearts now on the board, the one guy bet.  I had do call and of course, he had the Ace of hearts.   Terry did win a few hands but took a small loss as the tables broke up after 2 because of the bonus was over.  By the way, at the table I sat down, the bad beat was hit an hour earlier for $37K (quad 5s over quad 2s).  The table share was $1700+ each…a couple of the players were still there showing off their $1000 chips. 

We went to the Vue bar so I could finish by 300 points.  I couldn’t catch any quads and had to put in a second $100.  Finally, I hit a quad of 9s and later quad 2s.  Terry also hit a few as we went along as did Louise.  I managed to stay hovering around $70 and $90 when holding the K/Q/9 of clubs, I got the 10/J for the $129 straight flush progressive (2nd of the trip and oddly, the same 9-K cards).  I was back to my $200 buy in and hung there when Louise holding A/Q of diamonds caught the other three for her first Royal in about four years.  It was for just over $1100.  That was very exciting for all of us.  She celebrated with a couple lemon martinis and by the time we went to dinner, she was fairly snarkerd.  I end up breaking even for the VP and Terry was down $88.  Louise was rich. 
We had dinner at the D using the room food comps.  Again, we all had the Cajon Sea Bass, which is fantastic and the only thing I every order here. 

Terry and Louise headed back to the Golden Gate as they wanted to watch SURVIVOR (they’re hooked on that show).  I was going to call it a night as well, but decided to play some penny games for $100 double or nothing.  I started a Kronos.  Got a feature and only won $6, moved over to Zeus, got a feature and again, barely made my money back.  I next went to the Buffalo gold…nada.  Next was Zorro Might Cash for $1 a spin.  I finally caught a Bonus…yea!  Eight free spins and when they were over, my bonus total was $0.66.  Needless to say, I was pissed.  I then tried the new Game of Thrones…nothing, and finally the other buffalo progressive and my $100 was gone. 
Back to the room.  I am $200 down for the trip…all things considered…not too bad. 

Comments