Day 416
Yes, I know about the Day count. I screwed up AGAIN. I forgot to make a post a couple of days ago. I know that I do these things. Something grabs my attention, and I get diverted. Later I tell myself, "Don't forget to to you daily post" and then I forget. Old age? Oh well, I at least want to keep the number of days correct.
Trash pickup went fine though it was cold, cold, cold. We finished at 7:30 AM. The residents seem to be adjusting to our early pickup time. It's SO nice to have it over with so soon.
The run and the swim went just fine, thought the swim was a bit more labored than usual. As noted in yesterday's blog, I went to take care of my mom for a couple of hours. She HATES that I do it. It has nothing to do with me, it's that she gets upset that she can't be left alone and she feels she's a burden. It breaks my heart because she cries over this. Donna says the same thing. But the truth is she has fallen too often though admittedly, she gets around pretty well and she hates it when anyone tries to help her get up or sit down. That's a good thing.
Betty Jean (my niece from Butch's family) came by for a fast visit. I haven't seen her in more than 20 years. She looks so much like her mother, Ella, who died a couple years ago unexpectedly. Her visit really did perk up Mom. It was also her birthday so Donna had a cupcake cake (yea that's right) and everyone enjoyed themselves. Donna's grandchild Ava was there as well. She's six and a complete sweetheart.
I left around 4 and called it a night with some You Tubes and dinner.
Trash pickup went fine though it was cold, cold, cold. We finished at 7:30 AM. The residents seem to be adjusting to our early pickup time. It's SO nice to have it over with so soon.
The run and the swim went just fine, thought the swim was a bit more labored than usual. As noted in yesterday's blog, I went to take care of my mom for a couple of hours. She HATES that I do it. It has nothing to do with me, it's that she gets upset that she can't be left alone and she feels she's a burden. It breaks my heart because she cries over this. Donna says the same thing. But the truth is she has fallen too often though admittedly, she gets around pretty well and she hates it when anyone tries to help her get up or sit down. That's a good thing.
Betty Jean (my niece from Butch's family) came by for a fast visit. I haven't seen her in more than 20 years. She looks so much like her mother, Ella, who died a couple years ago unexpectedly. Her visit really did perk up Mom. It was also her birthday so Donna had a cupcake cake (yea that's right) and everyone enjoyed themselves. Donna's grandchild Ava was there as well. She's six and a complete sweetheart.
I left around 4 and called it a night with some You Tubes and dinner.
Comments
Post a Comment