Day 406
The run this morning was a good one. I changed it up just a tad going a different direction but the route. I did manage to run much more than walk. Listening to podcasts make SUCH a huge difference. I'm so glad I bought the earphones (they work great and keep my ears warm at the same time) and started it. I credit that with keeping me on the go and not getting too bored. I was very tickled that one of them Two Morons on Gambling and other Stuff gave me a shoutout during my run. Very cool!
I had quite a day. First, in the morning during my Facebook watching, I got a request from some girl, who I didn't recognize but rather than do what I've done in the past (go to the web page and see if she's a Mountain Empire graduate), I just confirmed. In no time, I get a person message. It was the usual small talk, and then she turns it to sex. She sends me a Facebook video to my phone (didn't know you could do that) and starts undressing until she was fully nude. She asked for my phone number to chat--that sent a red flag and I terminated the conversation. She kept recalling and then the scam began with her talking about pedophiles (She had already said she was 27 and this girl undressing was definitely in her 20s, if not more). I didn't fall for her bullshit, and blocked her from ever reaching me again. I feel bad that other guys are going to fooled by this, but you have to always be aware of the scammers out there.
Today was book club and we're having it in Descanso for lunch so I had bought my usual shrimp and made cocktail sauce. I really prefer breakfast, but being that everyone had to drive so long, it was decided to make it the later time. The meeting went well, and Candy A made me a batch of oatmeal cookies for my birthday (I dropped the hint last meeting). I'm having one now as I write this. Homemade oatmeal raisin cookies...the best!
I have finally caved in and bought a new computer. I hope this is a good decision. It's an All-in-One, which is all the rave now. I've had this computer for years and years and it's getting slower and slower. I have certainly got my value out of it. I bought with winnings from my Party Poker days...that's how old it is. Poker online was still legal. It will arrive on Monday. I'm always just a little nervous about this kind of purchase. It's not just the new computer, but it's the transferring stuff from my old one to the new one properly. I'm sure it will be fine, but I will certainly miss this old gal as I'm typing on it for the last few times.
I'm also quite nervous about my spending lately. I'm really going through the money: car $1K; the front porch $600; the back porch $800; the scooter $600 (the most stupid of them all); my annual car insurance $1K; and my Dish subscription along with the usual monthly bills. That's almost $5K in the past two months! Yes, I have it and I can afford it...but it's time for a moratorium and big ticket items for a while.
I spent the rest of the day with You Tube and was finally to bed.
I had quite a day. First, in the morning during my Facebook watching, I got a request from some girl, who I didn't recognize but rather than do what I've done in the past (go to the web page and see if she's a Mountain Empire graduate), I just confirmed. In no time, I get a person message. It was the usual small talk, and then she turns it to sex. She sends me a Facebook video to my phone (didn't know you could do that) and starts undressing until she was fully nude. She asked for my phone number to chat--that sent a red flag and I terminated the conversation. She kept recalling and then the scam began with her talking about pedophiles (She had already said she was 27 and this girl undressing was definitely in her 20s, if not more). I didn't fall for her bullshit, and blocked her from ever reaching me again. I feel bad that other guys are going to fooled by this, but you have to always be aware of the scammers out there.
Today was book club and we're having it in Descanso for lunch so I had bought my usual shrimp and made cocktail sauce. I really prefer breakfast, but being that everyone had to drive so long, it was decided to make it the later time. The meeting went well, and Candy A made me a batch of oatmeal cookies for my birthday (I dropped the hint last meeting). I'm having one now as I write this. Homemade oatmeal raisin cookies...the best!
I have finally caved in and bought a new computer. I hope this is a good decision. It's an All-in-One, which is all the rave now. I've had this computer for years and years and it's getting slower and slower. I have certainly got my value out of it. I bought with winnings from my Party Poker days...that's how old it is. Poker online was still legal. It will arrive on Monday. I'm always just a little nervous about this kind of purchase. It's not just the new computer, but it's the transferring stuff from my old one to the new one properly. I'm sure it will be fine, but I will certainly miss this old gal as I'm typing on it for the last few times.
I'm also quite nervous about my spending lately. I'm really going through the money: car $1K; the front porch $600; the back porch $800; the scooter $600 (the most stupid of them all); my annual car insurance $1K; and my Dish subscription along with the usual monthly bills. That's almost $5K in the past two months! Yes, I have it and I can afford it...but it's time for a moratorium and big ticket items for a while.
I spent the rest of the day with You Tube and was finally to bed.
Comments
Post a Comment