Day 404

Well...I've chosen a NEW route...again.  I jog down to Cuyamacha then up to Prospect (as I did before), but I turn on Fanita back to Mission Gorge and then home.  Granted, it's a bit shorter and makes my jog about four miles, but it pretty much eliminates all hills, so I'm pretty happy about it.  Depending on my mood I could always take the other paths occasionally, but for now, this is just fine.

The pool was open again and it was worth missing the one day for cleaning. It was clean and very warm...in other words...perfect.

I knew I needed to get out of the house today and I didn't want to see a movie...well...to be honest, there was no movie I wanted to see.  AMC Theaters are terrific but my one complaint is that they don't show the lesser blockbuster type of movies.  I wish they'd add some indies to their showtimes. 

I decided I hadn't been to Balboa Park for a while and drove down there and went into the Museum of Art when they opened at 10 AM.  I just don't get it.  I know I'm not an art person, but so many of these "masterpieces" still look to me like a 12 year old painted them.  I did enjoy the Japanese exhibit, but then again, I love everything Japanese.  I did stay long. 

I walked down to the car museum and it was there I realized that my card was an old one and had expired.  The girl let me in anyway, but now I'm not sure what my standing is there.  It seems that I renew every year, so I'm a bit confused and will go back down sometime next week and have it checked out. 

I went to their little deli in what used to by the San Diego Hall of Fame, and again had their Dijon mustard ham sandwich...and again, it was delicious.  That's a small treat I love having whenever I'm at the Park. 

I was home by 11:45 and went to the office.  We received our yearly bonus from the company.  Mine was for $250.  I can only imagine what Cindy's was or even Jose's.  That's not a complaint.  I'm loving any kind of bonus and again next month, I'll be getting my annual raise.  I'm amazed at just how lucky I have been.  I'm now paid more than my monthly rent. I work so little for it.  Trash takes two hours at the most.  My seven days a week security check takes 15 minutes at the most.  So, I'm paid almost $800 a month for less than five hours of actual work.  Yes, I'm on call and there are occasionally small little jobs I help out with, but with Cade now in the office, I don't even do those much anymore.  I'm fully aware that this job could be removed at any time and I won't have a problem with that (who could blame them?), but I'm thrilled to keep doing it as long as I can.

Comments