Day 398

It's one of the unusual days where I did not run nor swim.  It's raining and yes, I could still go swimming, but I chose (and think deserving) of a day off...might be two, we'll see how the weather holds up.  Even though this is the first time to have missed in over a month, I'm still feeling those pangs of guilt.  That's a good thing.

With the rain, I didn't do much other than go to Costco where I bought some more of those chicken snacks, which with $5 off is 40%, a great deal.  I also bought a bag of Costco hot dogs.  That might have been a a mistake...we'll see.  My freezer is now packed.  I won't need to go shopping for a few weeks, perhaps the rest of the month.

My hoses came for the washer and I changed the one that looked bad. I did a load and damn it if it still didn't leak.  I checked the hoses and they were not wet, so it's something else in the machine. I'll have to call a repairman which SUCKS.  Oh well the cost of home ownership.

Jose is working on the back stairs and adding the new security screen door.  It's turning out to be a bigger job than he thought, but I'll be very happy when it's done.  The rest of the day was just TV and computer.  To most this sounds like I'm bored...but I am not. I'm very happy doing these things.  I did get a little further along in my book club reading, but still have a ways to go. 

It's a good life.

Comments