Day 396

I woke up at 1:27 and again was faced with the decision: Get up or try to sleep until the alarm at 2?  Of course, I got up.  I'm no sure where this compulsion comes from, but it's just there.  Add to that, I wasn't feeling it this morning and assumed it would be a rough day on the run.  However, just the opposite was true. I took the old route around the lakes and the high school and even took a slightly longer route and I felt strong.  I did a fare amount of running and at times, even ran fast (for me).  The swim was also good and as always, the best part of the morning is when I'm finished, sitting here at the computer with my coffee and crackers.

I didn't do a lot today...the usual...played poker on the computer and watched TV.  I had dinner at mom and pop's.  He made tacos and apple pie...both were delicious.  We talked and I told him I know why Mom doesn't want me to watch her because of the whole bathroom situation.  He agreed and then told me that he has asked Rosemarie to watch her on his bowling days and she has gladly agreed to watch her whenever she's needed.  That's a huge relief.  Papa gets to go bowling and get out of the house and I don't have to give up my Monday's and Tuesdays...

It doesn't get past me that though I have had a horrible gambling streak, I am using all that luck in the other facets of my life.  I am healthy (aside from the small aches and pains that come with age--left foot and shoulder occasionally).  I am in a state of great happiness and comfort.  I don't have money problems.  I don't have relationship problems.  Damn...life is good!  I'll take that luck any day of the week!

Comments