Day 388

I didn't get as much sleep as I'd like.  Usually, after I finish my 10 PM rounds, I can get right back to sleep but this time I was awake for about an hour and a half.  I assumed this would tamper with my run, but surprisingly, I ran the new route just fine.  I'm still tinkering with how and when I choose to walk but I do like this route better than the old one. 

The gym was surprisingly busy at 3:30 AM...more than any other time I can remember.  The last couple of days, as I'm finishing up my last laps at swimming, I'm joined by a lady...she's new...perhaps a New Year Resolution person.  We'll see how long she lasts.  As I mentioned yesterday, the pool's temperature is simply perfect.  I hope they don't tinker with it.

I joined Hugh for lunch in Mission Valley.  I took the Trolley and met him at Hooters.  This place has seen its time.  It was very busy for lunch.  I had the lunch menu cheeseburger and fries and an ice tea.  It came to $13 with tip...not bad.  As usual, Hugh brought me up date and as usual, his life is in turmoil.  I feel so lucky to have a sane family life.

After I got back, I watched some You Tubes and that was it.  I didn't eat anything else.  I'm trying to adhere to my new rule of "If I'm not hungry, don't eat."  No more...oh I need to eat a dinner.  It's not a hard rule, but I'm going to do my best.  After all, I'm managing plenty of calories with that lunch (probably about 2000 calories) and my breakfast of crackers, coffee, and cookies (about 1000 calories).  As long as I stay under 3500 calories a day...I'm good.

Comments