Day 387

I decided to take a different route this morning:  I went east on Mission Gorge Rd to Cuyamaca, then to Prospect all the way to Mesa Park and finally back to my home.  It turns out the this route is almost the amount of steps as my usual one.  What makes this one better is that it doesn't have the hills (forcing me to walk instead of jog) my regular route has.  Though I do still walk at intervals, I don't need to walk as much and, let's face it, I don't like the hills.  So, it seems I will make this my regular route and on occasion, still go the old one to break up the monotony. 

My swim went just fine.  The pool seemed a tad warmer, which is nice because I don't feel I have to swim a couple laps to begin to feel comfortable.  When the pool is warm like this, the very first time I submerge into the pool is like a wonderful, warm bath.  I like that. 

I went to the Jamul Casino again, and lost $200 on the Quick Quads.  I expect that I'm going to regret getting into this habit but I'm determined to find out if the so-called percentages in the long run are true.  I am now almost $300 down.  I will need a royal withing the next seven weeks, or I'm gong to be PISSED!  I am already very close to giving up gambling altogether, but I haven't quite gotten to that point just yet.  We shall see.

Not a great day for my eating as well.  Along with the crackers and cookies with my coffee, I also had some salty munchies.  I enjoyed the hamburger at the casino and the fries (not good), and then had the chicken popcorn before going to bed.  Again...not HORRIBLE, but still not disciplined.  I'm at a real crossroads about my eating routine.  I certainly do not want to put any weight on, but I'm also not in dire need to lose any more weight, so this tells me I could eat about 3500 calories a day to maintain my current weight.  I'm fairly comfortable that I'm within those guidelines.  Of course, weigh in is in eight days.  We shall see!

Comments