Day 386
Well...I woke up this morning to do my jog. I got dressed, did my stretching and my push ups, got my headphones and selected today's podcast and headed out the back door. It was raining. Not hard, but enough that I did not want to run in it. I have to admit, there was a part of me that was glad to take the day off. I changed and went to the gym and did my swim...so I at least did something.
I decided to give Martin my TV that's been sitting in my bedroom since I moved in here. I've had it on maybe three times and even then for just a few minutes. Martin doesn't have one, so along with a cheap DVD player, I offered both to him. He end up taking the player but wants to pick up the TV when he cleans up and makes room at his place. He's a hoarder, so who knows when that will happen.
We went to Pechanga for poker. It's been a long time since I've played. I've shied away from it considering last year's debacle gambling streak. I bought in for $60 and was down enough to buy in for the other $40...I was not going to lose more than a hundred.
I did start off well and was up $25, which is a pattern with me, but then got killed again on the river a few times. I did start catching some good pots (two guys where always preflop raising which made the pots bigger). At one point, I was up over $100; however, I end up cashing out with a $61 win. Finally a poker win...it's been a long time.
The reason I came to Pechanga was because I needed to use my comp points by Jan 31 or lose them. I had $92. I bought a hot dog for lunch and then treated Martin to a VERY good Chinese dinner. I had $6 left and bought some dots ice cream--over rated. It was a good way to get rid of all my comp points.
We got home later than I would have liked and didn't get to sleep until 7 but it all worked out. Too many calories, no doubt today and then add the no run...not a good habit to get into. I will jump back on the horse tomorrow.
I decided to give Martin my TV that's been sitting in my bedroom since I moved in here. I've had it on maybe three times and even then for just a few minutes. Martin doesn't have one, so along with a cheap DVD player, I offered both to him. He end up taking the player but wants to pick up the TV when he cleans up and makes room at his place. He's a hoarder, so who knows when that will happen.
We went to Pechanga for poker. It's been a long time since I've played. I've shied away from it considering last year's debacle gambling streak. I bought in for $60 and was down enough to buy in for the other $40...I was not going to lose more than a hundred.
I did start off well and was up $25, which is a pattern with me, but then got killed again on the river a few times. I did start catching some good pots (two guys where always preflop raising which made the pots bigger). At one point, I was up over $100; however, I end up cashing out with a $61 win. Finally a poker win...it's been a long time.
The reason I came to Pechanga was because I needed to use my comp points by Jan 31 or lose them. I had $92. I bought a hot dog for lunch and then treated Martin to a VERY good Chinese dinner. I had $6 left and bought some dots ice cream--over rated. It was a good way to get rid of all my comp points.
We got home later than I would have liked and didn't get to sleep until 7 but it all worked out. Too many calories, no doubt today and then add the no run...not a good habit to get into. I will jump back on the horse tomorrow.
Comments
Post a Comment