Day 383

The run and the swim went just fine.  I got lucky again. I was able to complete my entire course and by the time I drove to the gym, it began to sprinkle.  Oddly, I'm usually in the pool alone being that it's 3 AM; however, this morning there were four men there and two more joined in later.  It was okay as I still had my favorite lane to myself and they pretty much hung out in the hot tub.

I went to the movie and saw The Upside with Kevin Hart.  This was an excellent movie...far better than I was expecting.  Nicole Kidman was in this as well and the more I see her, the more I'm falling in love with her.  I am very happy with the January movies this year.  Usually, movies are released in January as a kind of dumping ground for the films not likely to be Oscar material and assumed to be marginal hits. However, this crop has been a nice surprise for me.

I drove this time to La Jolla to the AMC theaters there because of the rain.  The Ralph's supermarket there is AMAZING.  It is huge with the largest selection I have ever seen including a complete section dedicated to all Kosher items, which I have never seen before.  It was also the only time I have ever seen were the deli hot food items were self service...a nice touch.

Nothing much else to report.  I had a tough time on WSOP.  I couldn't win anything.  I do read my book club selection while I play Omaha Poker.  I have played it so long and the strategy is so solid in my head that I really don't need to pay that much attention.  It's also a good way to get through the book.  This month's book, Educated by Tara Westover, so far is tough to get into.  I'm hoping things pick up. I'm only 60 pages in so there's a while to go.  The latest Lizbeth Salander book, The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye, which I just finished didn't start really getting good until about 70% into it.

It rained pretty much rained off and on all day.  I had my usual crackers with my coffee and a few oatmeal cookies.  It was a hungry morning and for whatever reason, I made some sausages...what was I thinking?  I have all the makings for an omelet.  There was also the usual small popcorn and chicken nuggets at night.  I would say I'm right on the cusp of going over (and I may have) my caloric daily limit.  I'll need to do better.

Comments