Day 382
The run went okay. I did have to walk a bit on a usual running route; however, I did pick up the pace and am fine with my overall jog for the day. Swimming was good as the water was a bit warmer than yesterday. I do like the Navajo gym SO much more than the Santee location even though I'm constantly dodging the cleanup crew. It's all good.
I had planned on a movie but decided I'd go on Thursday instead, which turned out to be a good move and Papa decided on an early dinner at 4 PM and wanted me to pick up a salad at Lido's. The dentist visit went fine. The cleaning was good. It cost me $60 in copay and they want me to come back in three months for the next cleaning an examination. That works out to $20 per month dental work assuming no other dental needs and after the examination, you can count on more suggested dental requirements like caps and such. They are, after all, a business and will try to exploit more work. I do know I will need to get some work done, but I've decided I will call the shots when, not them. I'm okay with the three month cleaning schedule, which contradicts everyone else's six month cleaning routine, but I'm not going to get talked into another $1000 dental bill until I want it.
Dinner was pasta but Mom was not looking good. As horrible as it sounds, it's time for her to pass on. She has absolutely NO quality of life and Papa just keeps trying to extend it with therapy and medicines. I can't blame him but it's time to let her go. I always feel so bad for her. Her hearing is all but gone and she falls asleep at the table. Oh boy...
That's about all that happened. Food was crackers in the morning with my coffee, some turkey jerky, and the pasta, so a good day on the caloric intake.
I had planned on a movie but decided I'd go on Thursday instead, which turned out to be a good move and Papa decided on an early dinner at 4 PM and wanted me to pick up a salad at Lido's. The dentist visit went fine. The cleaning was good. It cost me $60 in copay and they want me to come back in three months for the next cleaning an examination. That works out to $20 per month dental work assuming no other dental needs and after the examination, you can count on more suggested dental requirements like caps and such. They are, after all, a business and will try to exploit more work. I do know I will need to get some work done, but I've decided I will call the shots when, not them. I'm okay with the three month cleaning schedule, which contradicts everyone else's six month cleaning routine, but I'm not going to get talked into another $1000 dental bill until I want it.
Dinner was pasta but Mom was not looking good. As horrible as it sounds, it's time for her to pass on. She has absolutely NO quality of life and Papa just keeps trying to extend it with therapy and medicines. I can't blame him but it's time to let her go. I always feel so bad for her. Her hearing is all but gone and she falls asleep at the table. Oh boy...
That's about all that happened. Food was crackers in the morning with my coffee, some turkey jerky, and the pasta, so a good day on the caloric intake.
Comments
Post a Comment