Day 381

No run today.  It has been raining since yesterday morning (I was lucky to get in yesterday's run just before it started).  However, I did make my swim at the gym.  It's a little frustrating in that I was in the gym an hour earlier than usual (2 AM) and maintenance was still cleaning the men's locker room.  I can't seem to find an hour where they aren't cleaning it...of course...it doesn't really matter.  It doesn't interfere with my getting in my swim, but I've got to bitch about something!

The trash pickup was a wet one.  This is the first time we've had to pick up trash while it was raining.  It wasn't as bad as I thought, though I did get pretty wet along the way.  I did my best to always put the trash cans back under the trailer's carports so they wouldn't fill up with rain water.  There was a LOAD of trash and we just barely got it all in the four dumpsters.  Hopefully, it will be the last time we have to work in the rain...but I doubt it.

Even though it was sprinkling, I decided to go see Vice.  I assumed the Trolley would be full of homeless people avoided the rain, but to my surprise there were very few people on the train at all.  I took my umbrella but never really needed it as the times I was walking, there was only a mist.  The movie was a disappointment.  Yes, Dick Cheney was a complete ass hole, but I didn't care for the film's attempt at making it an "art film" with silly editing tricks and such.  They also made Bush to look like complete idiot, which he was not.  I was no fan of him, but the film really made him out to be almost retarded.  It bothered me.

I didn't do much else.  Crackers in the morning with my coffee, popcorn at the theater, and chicken for dinner...well within dietary caloric daily intake.

Comments