Day 370

My run this morning started out a little rough as I was going very slow and walked in more places than normal; however, I picked it up at the end especially when the fire truck and ambulance passed me and went into my park.  It turns out the resident in Sp. 354 was taken to the hospital.  I went back to the Navajo 24 hour fitness and the pool heater has been fixed though I wished it was just a couple of degrees warmer.  It felt good to be back home.  The Santee location has been okay, but the pool is older and more dirty.  It just doesn't seem as well maintained. 

SO...colonoscopy day.  I had stopped eating at noon yesterday (more than the necessary 24 hours requested) and I drank "most" the shitty liquid.  You're supposed to drink three quarts the night before and the last quart (four full glasses) four hours before.  I drank maybe two and half quarts that night and only three glasses in the morning.  It simply made me nauseous and what I did drink seemed to do the trick.

My sister, Donna, drove me to the hospital.  The procedure went perfectly.  I didn't even know I had fallen asleep (I swear I didn't even think I did) until I woke up in the recovery room.  I didn't feel a thing and it was over in no time.  They didn't find anything wrong at all...better than the last time ten years ago.  I understand why they don't want you to drive.  I was fine except my bearings were off for a couple of hours so it's a good think I didn't drive.  I will say I was very happy to make a sandwich when I got home. 

That sandwich and some fries are the only thing I've eaten in 36 hours, so I'd say my calorie intake was just fine.  I didn't do anything the rest of the day but I did go to sleep earlier (5 PM) than usual as I was falling asleep watching You Tube.  I also rediscovered Stargate on Netflix and watched a couple of the movies.  I forgot how entertaining they are and will watch a couple more later. 

Comments