Day 366
Kudos to me!! Yes, I don't say that often; however, this morning I got up and just did not feel like running. I was truly dragging. But I put on my sweats, gloves, and set the podcast on the earphones and I just went. The run went fine. I was more tired than usual, but I didn't walk in areas I don't usually and I finished just fine as did the swim.
I should note that my inner alarm clock lately has been a little early. For the past couple of days, I've been waking up a few minutes after 1 AM. I go to the bathroom and it seems silly to grab another half hour or so of sleep, so I just surrender, turn on the lights and start my morning. I do end up finished the day's exercise earlier, but there's nothing wrong with that. I'm not losing sleep as I always manage between 7 and 9 hours of sleep. For example, yesterday I took a nap for an hour or so and then asleep by 6, up at 10; then up at 1. Eight hours +.
I had my usual crackers (400 calories) in the morning and then I treated Cindy to lunch at Chili's where I had a turkey club with fries (1500 calories). I did not eat anything else. I was a good boy. When night rolled around I chose NOT to eat anything because I was not hungry. That's something I need to do more often. If I'm not hungry---not not eat.
I had taken my car for an oil change, and of course, they came up with other things I was due for. This time it was spark plugs, wipers, and filters. All told, another $500 bill. Okay, I admit I might be getting hustled, but I really don't know and my car being in tip top shape is a major priority for me. And let's face it, I would lose $500 in Vegas every trip.
Speaking of Vegas, I have declined to go in February with Terry. I'm re-evaluating Las Vegas. This past year, I simply have not enjoyed it like I used to. Granted, losing EVERY trip didn't help but after a couple of days in Vegas, I'm anxious to get home and into my own bed and back to my routine. It might be a sign of getting old, or bruised with all the bad gambling luck that seems to be following me around, but I'm certainly not very enthusiastic about gambling any more.
Cindy put the kaposh on my getting a dog. Honestly, probably for the best. We're not allowed to have fences in the park. Okay. Whatever.
I should note that my inner alarm clock lately has been a little early. For the past couple of days, I've been waking up a few minutes after 1 AM. I go to the bathroom and it seems silly to grab another half hour or so of sleep, so I just surrender, turn on the lights and start my morning. I do end up finished the day's exercise earlier, but there's nothing wrong with that. I'm not losing sleep as I always manage between 7 and 9 hours of sleep. For example, yesterday I took a nap for an hour or so and then asleep by 6, up at 10; then up at 1. Eight hours +.
I had my usual crackers (400 calories) in the morning and then I treated Cindy to lunch at Chili's where I had a turkey club with fries (1500 calories). I did not eat anything else. I was a good boy. When night rolled around I chose NOT to eat anything because I was not hungry. That's something I need to do more often. If I'm not hungry---not not eat.
I had taken my car for an oil change, and of course, they came up with other things I was due for. This time it was spark plugs, wipers, and filters. All told, another $500 bill. Okay, I admit I might be getting hustled, but I really don't know and my car being in tip top shape is a major priority for me. And let's face it, I would lose $500 in Vegas every trip.
Speaking of Vegas, I have declined to go in February with Terry. I'm re-evaluating Las Vegas. This past year, I simply have not enjoyed it like I used to. Granted, losing EVERY trip didn't help but after a couple of days in Vegas, I'm anxious to get home and into my own bed and back to my routine. It might be a sign of getting old, or bruised with all the bad gambling luck that seems to be following me around, but I'm certainly not very enthusiastic about gambling any more.
Cindy put the kaposh on my getting a dog. Honestly, probably for the best. We're not allowed to have fences in the park. Okay. Whatever.
Comments
Post a Comment