Day 361

Well, it now is very obvious that I have missed three days somewhere, somehow during this past year as it is Dec 31 and this report is the for the 30th--remember, the reports are made the next day and reporting the previous day. So...where did those three days go?

I would love to say that I've ended this challenge with a bang, but truth be told, the month of December was, without question, the worst month of the diet.  There was the Las Vegas trip, all the candy, and all of the food from the many meetings with friends and holiday parties.  Of course, it really helped that I had lost a lot of weight and looked as good as I could have hoped. 

Weigh in is tomorrow.  I wholly expect to be back over 200 lbs.  I will not panic and I will not get down on myself.  I will simply get back up and on January 1, I will head into 2019 with a new set of rules for myself and challenges.  The most important one is NO MORE CANDY, with the one exception of the small gummy bears that come in the kid's pack of popcorn when I go to the movies.  These are so small and insignificant I'm not going to worry about it.  I do enjoy those kid's packs and they have really helped me throughout the year. 

Now I did manage to stay away from candy in 2018 until around the summer and then the whole Halloween sales simply kicked my ass.  This is amazing considering a few years ago, it was this very same timing kicked my ass back then as well...you'd think I'd learn.  Okay, let's see if I can FINALLY learn this lesson this year.  I will try to make it through the entire year without candy.  I have candy in the house that I will give away to the clubhouse like I did the cookies and the rest I will throw away.  I will continue to enjoy occasional desserts but I'm going to try to stay away from needless cookies and such.  I will continue to enjoy my crackers with my coffee in the morning. 

I will also pledge to continue to do my runs and swimming.  I don't expect to be crazy about not missing any days.  After all, I honestly don't need to lose much more weight, so missing a day here and there should not be a problem for me; however, I do know that when I miss three or four days from running, my legs can really feel it and it takes a week or so to get back to it.  The swimming I down right enjoy as long as the water is warm. 

Finally, I will keep this blog going as best as I can.  I'm not sure how much it means to this challenge, but I know that it helps keep me focused.  I will continue to weigh myself on the first of each month and if I see myself going over 200, I will diet hard until it's back below that mark.  I won't be crazy about losing a lot more weight.  I believe that anything under 200 will be fine at my age. 

So goodbye 2018 and I feel the year was a success and though I lost my challenge to the letter during the past four months, I'm very happy with my looks and weight.  Here comes 2019--bring it on!

Comments