Day 354
I came SO close to not running this morning. I set the alarm for 10 PM having gone to sleep at 5:30. That was good (I'll do that for now on) and then set it for 2 AM. However, after the security check, I couldn't sleep for about an hour or so and finally did with more crazy dreams. I woke up at 2, begrudgingly got up, and then...went back to bed...laid there for about a minute and tore the covers open and got back up and did my run. I already know I'm taking Christmas off, so I certainly didn't want to have THREE days in a row...danger, danger, Will Robinson.
The run was okay, though some walking where I shouldn't have. The swim at the gym was amazing! They turned up the water temperature. I'm sure it has to be a mistake. It was almost too hot, but wow, did it ever feel good. Also, they weren't cleaning the men's locker room today so I had the place to myself. Of course, the gym is closed tomorrow for Christmas, so I'm very happy I got my ass out of that bed and did it.
I had our lunch with Stephen Bishop. We've been friends since junior high school and meet up once per year at Christmas to catch. Things are really picking up for him. He's signing with a new record label (unheard of for someone his age), he has a song on a Netflix Benji movie, and is finishing up a new album along with almost non-stop touring. He got a new agent, a 25 year old phenom named Liz (showed my pic...very cute...danger, danger, Will Robinson and she's completely revived his career. All great news from him.
He was worried I had cancer when he first saw me (the second or third time I've heard that) due to the weight loss. Honestly, I'm not THAT thin. I suppose it's just because of the difference from the old me. Damn...I have GOT to maintain this weight. I won't lie...it feels good.
Next year beginning Jan 1, I have to get back to work. I still have this massive stomach excess skin I need to get rid of and I need to clean up my recent eating habits. I have to learn to STOP eating sugar. This is my downfall. T'is the season and all that, but once it's over...back to work, Jon!
The run was okay, though some walking where I shouldn't have. The swim at the gym was amazing! They turned up the water temperature. I'm sure it has to be a mistake. It was almost too hot, but wow, did it ever feel good. Also, they weren't cleaning the men's locker room today so I had the place to myself. Of course, the gym is closed tomorrow for Christmas, so I'm very happy I got my ass out of that bed and did it.
I had our lunch with Stephen Bishop. We've been friends since junior high school and meet up once per year at Christmas to catch. Things are really picking up for him. He's signing with a new record label (unheard of for someone his age), he has a song on a Netflix Benji movie, and is finishing up a new album along with almost non-stop touring. He got a new agent, a 25 year old phenom named Liz (showed my pic...very cute...danger, danger, Will Robinson and she's completely revived his career. All great news from him.
He was worried I had cancer when he first saw me (the second or third time I've heard that) due to the weight loss. Honestly, I'm not THAT thin. I suppose it's just because of the difference from the old me. Damn...I have GOT to maintain this weight. I won't lie...it feels good.
Next year beginning Jan 1, I have to get back to work. I still have this massive stomach excess skin I need to get rid of and I need to clean up my recent eating habits. I have to learn to STOP eating sugar. This is my downfall. T'is the season and all that, but once it's over...back to work, Jon!
Comments
Post a Comment