Day 349

So...today...no run...no swim....why?  The previous night, I think I mentioned that I simply did no sleep will, waking up pretty much every hour for no apparent reason other than strange dreams or bathroom runs.  I did manage the run and swim, but it was lethargic and strained.  Then to add things, I went to my grand child, Nolan's final high school holiday concert (he's a senior).  I didn't get home until after 9 PM and stayed up until 10 for my security check.  So, I knew I wasn't going to get up in four hours and run.

I simply felt my body and I could use a day off.  I slept in to about 5 and I don't feel guilty for it.  It was time.  Yes, the final few months of the challenge have been  shot with holes with Vegas, sickness, and just plain tiredness.  I expect to finish up the year (two final weeks) and then start another new year ALL OVER AGAIN.  I know I'm added a couple pounds, but I will lose them by end of February.  As I have said over and over again...I WILL NEVER GAIN THAT WEIGHT BACK AGAIN!

Trash pickup was okay.  Cindy decided we should wait until 8:00 AM, which was okay but I was surprised that Jose had set things up to use the tractor going back to the old days.  It's a terrible idea. We did 3rd street and it took more than twice as long.  I got upset and went down to her office and told her what a terrible idea it was.  I was happy that she agreed to let us go back to our way doing things with the carts and not used the tractor at all.  I think she could tell how upset I was. 

We did finally finish at 9:45...Jose did the final few houses as I wanted to get over to Costco before it became too crowded with Christmas shoppers.  I picked up some chicken, soda, vitamins, and condiments.  I had a $68 check from the past years percentage return (it always seems to be the same amount) and my bill came to $94, so I didn't pay for much.  I did get some mint bark candy for Donna's Christmas party. 

I got lucky and found the sticker registration for the company truck which had fallen out of the little packet the day before.  When I was going to the office to tell Cindy I had lost it, I miraculously found it upside down in the visitor parking area. 

I then went to the movies in Carlsbad and saw Mule with  Clint Eastwood.  It was predictable but good.  I then visited Hugh for a while and finally went over to Jon Jr's house for a nice dinner of enchiladas and pie.  I finally gave the grand kids their birthday cards...three months late...not my fault, but once they say the $50 bills inside...it was all good.

The concert was wonderful, though Nolan did very little in it.  I did enjoy spending time with the family.  Of course, Christmas is next week and we'll all be together again.

Comments