Day 344

It's my final day in Las Vegas.  Last night the music was so loud and the bass so thunderous that I woke up almost every hour.  The furniture was shaking in my room.  I've decided this is the last night and will go home this evening.  I hadn't planned on doing much Friday anyway and I did manage to get a lot in on Thursday.

I played the 8/5 progressives at the Vue Bar and this time, the VP gods decided I had had enough and I didn't get any quads after the first hundred.  Then I didn't get any quads after the second hundred.  It was a very rough session.

I went over to the GN and waited for them to open a 2/4 which they did at 8 AM.  I started out with a couple of small wins but then went card dead for the next three hours.  Then my old poker devil arrived.  I was dealt a straight and lost to a flush on the river despite raising every pass and then on the very next hand, I was dealt a diamond nut flush and again raised every pass and lost to a full house.  The entire three hours I had won perhaps seven hands, two of them decent, all the rest pots were under $10.  It was ANOTHER miserable poker session.  What a horrible year it has been for poker for me.  I will say that after this last session, I was about as angry as I can remember.

I parked at the MGM Park for my Strip walk and enjoyed the rest of the day walking through the MGM Park (still looks like the Monte Carlo even after all the millions in renovations), the Cosmopolitan that has a new upstairs food district I've read a lot about.  It was smaller than I thought.  I looked for any video vloggers but no luck.  I then went through the Bellagio...beautiful atrium and then across the street to Bally's where I finally had a Dirt Dog at the shops in the front.  This was worth the wait, but wow...great tasting dog and fries but messy, messy, messy.  The fries might be some the best of I've had.  All not cheap, but it was a treat and I loved it.

Went to Flamingo and PokerKraut was dealing.  The poker room was jammed with a long waiting list.  I finally walked over to the Linq to check out the new zip line.  The employees were just standing around.  NO ONE was taking the ride.  Looks like another mis-step by our friends at Caesars. 

I went back taking the monorail from Bellagio to the MGM Park and finally headed home. I was back in my place at 8 PM.  I did stop at the Terribles station across the from the Gold Strike.  This is a very nice truck stop.  I bought some assorted taffy for the ride home...expensive at $10.99 a pound, but good. 

It's another Las Vegas losing trip albeit a short one.  What a terrible gambling year it has been for me.  The worst of my life.  Oh well. 

Comments