Day 343

I'm in a room close to the Fremont Experience (100% occupancy due to National Rodeo Meet).  It's horrible but I managed to get SOME sleep.  I started the day by playing at GN starting at 6 AM.  Currently, from midnight to 8AM, high hands each our start $300 (Aces full minimum) and carries over each hour.  When I started, it was a $500.  Four tables were going.  No one hit a high hand for the next two hours, so it starts at $700 at midnight.  I came the closest.  I was dealt pocket Aces and an Ace came on the flop.  I played carefully but the board never paired.  I did win the pot but that's it.  At 8 AM, it switches over to double premiums until 2 PM. 
I had played for three hours, but was card dead for most of it and was blown off by river wins three times and end up leaving down $100...my poker losses continue. 
I next went to Costco in Henderson to fill up the tank and then went to Skyline casino on Boulder Hwy.  They just completed a new hotel and have lots of good games and some terrific promotions.  There's a get a quad in every denom and win a big cash prize (you need to check this out).  Also Mon/Tue/Wed from 7 AM to noon is 7X points.  The coin fed full pay deuces do not get points.  However at the bar there are TWO machines on the north end that have full pay Jacks and BP.  These two bar tops are great and I had some good hits.  At one point I was up to $230 (put in a hundred) and finally cashed out at $150 as I had to leave for lunch with my step-sister. 
After lunch at Sam's Town TGIF, I went back to the Skyline and the used all my quarters from the year at FPDW (hate that I got no points).  Though I've had quad deuces three times this trip on JOB and BP, nothing here but I did have a deuces royal and a five of a kind and cashed out a bit over $100.  I went back to the bar and played some more on the JOB and finally quit another $50 up having just under 10,000 points.  I'm hoping to see if I get any mailers for free rooms (they look very nice online) in the future. 

If you have time, I strongly suggest you go check this place out.  There's even a poker tourney on weekend nights.

I did put in a hundred at the 9/6 JOB at the Grand and played for a bit breaking even, I then took a shot at Super Aces but no good.  I want to keep those mail offers coming. 

I did make a stop at East Cannery and played a few penny games and left up $7. 

I finally headed back to downtown and bought a slice from Pizza Rock (lots of great reviews).  All the reviews are deserving.  A great pizza...so much better than Evil's pizza. 

So, they day ended with a minus $115...not too bad all things considered.  A lot of Fremont in front of the D was closed off as all the players from Florida Gaters and the Arizona Suns were having a dinner in the middle of it.  Of course, they were blasting both school's fight songs over the PA.  There must be a bowl game here.

Tomorrow I'm reserving for walking on the Strip and checking out any thing new and the atrium at Bellagio.  I'm not sure how much I'm going to play but I am considering joining Trooper Thursday at the Westgate at 2 PM for the 1/2 no limit.  I might throw a couple hundred in the mix to see how I do...but I'm not sure.  Stay tuned.



Comments