Day 342
I arrived in Las Vegas at 12:30 and met up with Catherine at Hooters, where she's staying. We had a nice little chat but not for long as she is leaving today. At least I had caught up with her before she left town.
I went over to Mandalay Bay and walked around as the MLB Winter Meetings were going on. I saw lots of ball players and TV analysis commentators I've watched for years. It was fun seeing them in person. The rodeo is also in town so the place was run over with cowboys as well. My Pearl card allowed me to park in MGM properties for free...it worked great.
I finally went to the D and it was just after 3, however, my room wasn't ready (first time that's ever happened, but she said it was because they were 100% booked as was pretty much everywhere), so i lugged my bags upstairs to the VUE bar and sat down to play the 8/5 BP progressives. I played for the next hour and hit a straight flush for $89 and a quad. I checked into my room and unfortunately, it's close to the Fremont craziness. I went back to the Vue bar and played for another hour and had a great run hitting quad 2s twice (once dealt), 10s (dealt), Jacks, and 4s. I then started to drain and quit when I hit the magic 300 points up $150. It's been a LONG time since I've had a winning session.
I used my $25 food comp in the cafe having their fantastic Cajon Sea Bass...as good as always.
I lost my $25 match play (last two times now) but used my $25 free play and walked with a $20 profit from a Buffalo Gold (can't use free play on VP)
I got my car out of valet and drove to the Westgate to see the Andrew Neeme and Brad Owen meet up game. The poker room was packed with a waiting list...pretty damn good considering they're playing a 5/10 NL game. However, both of them have almost 100K subscribers now...Trooper is still hovering around 38K and I'll return for his Tropper Thursday here but the game is only 1/2 NL. I'm seriously considering buying in for a couple hundred then. Brad was there but Neeme was not as of yet. I hung for awhile and watched and finally put in a hundy in my favorite Ugly Deuces Spin Poker. The deuces simply went into hiding and I lost pretty quickly. I tried a $20 in Starry Night penny machine, but nada.
When I came back to valet, I was hungry, so I had made the decision to try both Evil Pie pizza and Pizza Rock this trip. I walked down to Evil Pie and took a slice back to my room. The pizza was a 5/10...disappointing as I had heard good things. Here's hoping Pizza Rock is better.
So, I finally went to bed with the sounds of Heavy Metal in the background at least having made a small profit for the day.
I went over to Mandalay Bay and walked around as the MLB Winter Meetings were going on. I saw lots of ball players and TV analysis commentators I've watched for years. It was fun seeing them in person. The rodeo is also in town so the place was run over with cowboys as well. My Pearl card allowed me to park in MGM properties for free...it worked great.
I finally went to the D and it was just after 3, however, my room wasn't ready (first time that's ever happened, but she said it was because they were 100% booked as was pretty much everywhere), so i lugged my bags upstairs to the VUE bar and sat down to play the 8/5 BP progressives. I played for the next hour and hit a straight flush for $89 and a quad. I checked into my room and unfortunately, it's close to the Fremont craziness. I went back to the Vue bar and played for another hour and had a great run hitting quad 2s twice (once dealt), 10s (dealt), Jacks, and 4s. I then started to drain and quit when I hit the magic 300 points up $150. It's been a LONG time since I've had a winning session.
I used my $25 food comp in the cafe having their fantastic Cajon Sea Bass...as good as always.
I lost my $25 match play (last two times now) but used my $25 free play and walked with a $20 profit from a Buffalo Gold (can't use free play on VP)
I got my car out of valet and drove to the Westgate to see the Andrew Neeme and Brad Owen meet up game. The poker room was packed with a waiting list...pretty damn good considering they're playing a 5/10 NL game. However, both of them have almost 100K subscribers now...Trooper is still hovering around 38K and I'll return for his Tropper Thursday here but the game is only 1/2 NL. I'm seriously considering buying in for a couple hundred then. Brad was there but Neeme was not as of yet. I hung for awhile and watched and finally put in a hundy in my favorite Ugly Deuces Spin Poker. The deuces simply went into hiding and I lost pretty quickly. I tried a $20 in Starry Night penny machine, but nada.
When I came back to valet, I was hungry, so I had made the decision to try both Evil Pie pizza and Pizza Rock this trip. I walked down to Evil Pie and took a slice back to my room. The pizza was a 5/10...disappointing as I had heard good things. Here's hoping Pizza Rock is better.
So, I finally went to bed with the sounds of Heavy Metal in the background at least having made a small profit for the day.
Comments
Post a Comment