Day 338

After very weird dreams, I was up before 2 AM and did my run that went just fine.  I've figured out that I can jog without a hoodie when the temperature is at least 50 degrees or higher.  Below that (I always ask Alexa when the temperature is when I get up) and I know it's hoodie and gloves time. 

I listened to a podcast I've found called Two Morons... that has two active working pit bosses who share their experiences  in the pits of the casino each week.  Sometimes, they get sidetracked with other stories, but overall, I am really enjoying their stories of things going on behind the scenes.  The shows are an hour long, which is just what I need for my run.  So, that's added to the rotation.

I turned in my time sheet and Cindy tells me it appears that my job will be safe next year...we shall see and also gave me some new logo clothing for the job.  She also hinted that there is an outside shot of possibly getting a discount on my rent and she'll check into it...that would be AMAZING.

I'm really enjoying my financial independence and it's so reassuring to have savings in the account...so here's hoping nothing huge unexpected happens and things are going so well right now for me.  I've mentioned this before, I think, but I have been SO lucky having to have only worked 20 years as a teacher and am living off that in retirement now for almost eight years.  The future looks bright.  I don't have a lot of money, but I certainly have plenty to sustain the life I love and the occasional Vegas trips.  Here's hoping nothing changes. 

Of course, it's helped that this diet has made me healthier and trimmer and that gives me optimism and hope for the future.  I have to be so careful to not regress.  Considering Cindy took me to dinner last night after I helped her put up her house Christmas lights and tree and I ate a HUGE dinner of friend seafood...stupid choice and the large coconut slice of pie that came with the dinner...well, we'll just say I'll be paying very close attention the scale at the first of the month.  Also, it should now be said that I have decided to continue this blog and exercise routine through next year and hopefully beyond.  So, after I pass 365 days, I will then be "counting." 

Comments