Day 336
So, the rains came and this morning I was presented with a problem I have faced some many times in my life while I yo-yo my diets: If it rains, should I still run? I could, of course, run on a treadmill at the gym, but I'm not too keen on that though I could. OR, and here it is, I could just take the day off. After all, it wouldn't hurt me...see, that's what I talkin' 'bout.
For the first 300+ plus (before the cold stoppage), there was never a question of whether or not I'd run, I'd simply get up and DO it. Now, I'm starting to allow the thoughts to creep into my head that there are options. This is my pitfall every time! So, I got up and did my run. Now, it wasn't raining and frankly, not even very cold. I would not have run in the rain...that's where the line is, but it wasn't so I ran. Fortunately for me, it did begin to rain, but I was on the last leg of my route and sprinted home (no harm in that). The swim went just fine.
It rained most the day, so I just hunkered down at home. Jose came over to look at the kitchen light situation. It seems we might just need to replace the ugly light covers...we shall see.
I went to Papa's for dinner (I hate driving in the rain) and Mom stayed in bed once again (once again, I feel the end is near) and we had pot roast and potatoes. Damn, he makes the BEST fried potatoes. I didn't stay too long and that was about it. This going to sleep at 5 or 6 PM is so strange, but I'm beginning to adjust and surprisingly fall asleep which of course allows me to get up at 2 AM for my run and swim. Of course, the time differs when I do my security check. This time I woke up at 10:30, other times later and still other times (that I don't like) earlier.
Doing this has also stopped the late night dinner, though I'll admit, I miss that a little bit. I'm still pissed at myself for missing a day of these blogs. Of course, it doesn't mean squat to anyone but me, but it's just a thing. Hopefully, it won't happen again.
For the first 300+ plus (before the cold stoppage), there was never a question of whether or not I'd run, I'd simply get up and DO it. Now, I'm starting to allow the thoughts to creep into my head that there are options. This is my pitfall every time! So, I got up and did my run. Now, it wasn't raining and frankly, not even very cold. I would not have run in the rain...that's where the line is, but it wasn't so I ran. Fortunately for me, it did begin to rain, but I was on the last leg of my route and sprinted home (no harm in that). The swim went just fine.
It rained most the day, so I just hunkered down at home. Jose came over to look at the kitchen light situation. It seems we might just need to replace the ugly light covers...we shall see.
I went to Papa's for dinner (I hate driving in the rain) and Mom stayed in bed once again (once again, I feel the end is near) and we had pot roast and potatoes. Damn, he makes the BEST fried potatoes. I didn't stay too long and that was about it. This going to sleep at 5 or 6 PM is so strange, but I'm beginning to adjust and surprisingly fall asleep which of course allows me to get up at 2 AM for my run and swim. Of course, the time differs when I do my security check. This time I woke up at 10:30, other times later and still other times (that I don't like) earlier.
Doing this has also stopped the late night dinner, though I'll admit, I miss that a little bit. I'm still pissed at myself for missing a day of these blogs. Of course, it doesn't mean squat to anyone but me, but it's just a thing. Hopefully, it won't happen again.
Comments
Post a Comment