Day 335

I simply KNEW this day would come, where I would have missed a day of this blog.  Fortunately, it 334 days to do it.  But as I was swimming this morning, I was going over in my mind if I had done my blog of the day or not, and sure enough, I missed it. 

What told me I missed it was that I didn't remember writing about seeing the movie The Green Book.  I knew this because it turned out to be one of my top 5 movies of the year and I would have been gushing over it and I know I didn't write about that.  So...damn!  I missed a day.  My apologies.

The swim and run for the past two days have gone just fine.  Each morning when I begin, I feel a small twinge of a pull in my right hamstring.  This has been going on since I started back up after my cold; however, I'm careful to start out slowly and allow it to warm up as I jogged (trotted, really).  I am hopeful nothing will come of it.   And yes, I do stretch a little each morning before I jog.

Trash day went just fine.  We were done by 8.  I asked Jose to drop by my place at his convenience.  When I'm gone to Vegas next week for three days, I want him to change out a light fixture and all the light covers in the kitchen. 

I finished this month's book club, Mary Atkinson's Transcription.  It's not one of my favorites.  I did like the characters just fine but so much of the book was BORING.  I didn't really start enjoying it until the final 30 pages. 

I did do some shopping at Costco and then I went to the mall and bought a ticket of some horrible movie about devil possession, which I walked out of after 10 minutes.  I rather knew I would but my going to this particular flick, I fulfilled an obligation of watching Venom, Girl in the Spider Web, and this one that when they are available for download, I can download all of them for free.  That is a super perk that only Regal does.  The movie ticket and my obligatory kid's pack of popcorn was paid with the gift card that I bought a long time ago, so there was no cash given out and the gift card is now done. 

I really enjoy my AMC subscription, which I've expounded on the these pages already and will continue to use it, but there is no comparison with Regal customer points rewards and AMC.  Regal does all sorts of things to get you back, whereas, AMC does NOT give you point credits for your monthly fee and it's very stingy with it's points...what amounts to a 5% off refreshments with no special discount days. Yes, they offer $5 movie tickets every Tuesday, but if you're already using your three per week, it's rather worthless.  I'm just waiting for a questionnaire from AMC so I can air all of this out. 

So (I'm rambling today, sorry).  I had bought this year's Christmas mystery gift, which was a Bluetooth old antique radio, but after receiving it, I had second thoughts.  Who would want this considering every one has an Echo to listen to music with and other devices.  I then saw a sale at Costco online for two wireless phone charger pads.  I suspect this will be in much higher demand, so I bought them and went the radio back.  I think I made the right call.  Of course, these pads are a convenience as you simply set your phone on them and they will charge...but really...what are you saving?  Having to plug it in....what the big whoop?  Oh well, I still think they'll be popular. 

Christmas lights are beginning to appear around the park.  Yes, I don't put up any lights, hell, I don't even ever buy a tree.  The only gift I receive at Christmas is whatever mystery gift I end up with, many times I've never used.  The kids don't buy me anything (occasionally Tracy will)...and don't feel bad, I honestly don't mind.  I seriously do not need anything.  I told Papa do quit giving us money, which he did every year so we don't have worry about getting them anything either.  I love the idea of taking gifts giving off the table...of course, I still by my kids and grand kids gifts but I'm not going crazy any more.   Also, there will always be the Life Saver books from Santa.  All this said, I do still love this time of year. 

Comments