Day 331

Well...I'm finally back to jogging.  It was a good morning (2 AM) as the clouds were parting with this being between storms.  Of course, it's been eight days getting over this cold and Thanksgiving so my legs were a little wobbly and breath control in need of reconditioning, but it feels great to be back at it.  I wish I could say the same for the swim.  I got to the gym fine and into the pool, but after the second lap, my goggles broke.  Damn it!  I can not swim with them...I should say will not swim with them, so I ended it early.  There were two younger women cleaning the men's locker room so after my shower, I was careful not to flash them while dressing.  I tried to make it as a matter of fact and no big deal. 

It's Dec 1 and that means weigh in.  I fully expected bad news considering I had not exercised AT ALL for eight days and my eating was not the best (I caved for the two for $5 McRib's...I love those damn things) and assorted other things.  To my surprise I still weight 297, which is the same weight on Nov 1.  Normally, I'd be upset, but I'm very happy.  This gives me all of December to shave off another couple pounds. 

I had planned on going to the movies but at the last moment, I chose not to and end up just going to El Cajon for the aforementioned McRibs and getting in some reading.  I'm almost done with this month's book...I'm not happy with it.  It's just too slow and seems full of unnecessary scenes that don't seem to move the story forward. 

I reported that I was happy that I renewed my Dish and was going to stop my CBS All Access, but NOW it was just reported that Dish and CBS are having contract problems and it won't be on Dish as of Dec 1.  I can't help but wonder...if we break our contract with Dish, we have to pay a penalty fee, but doesn't that contract also mean that Dish needs to honor their promises?  When I signed up, it was with the assumption that CBS (my favorite network) was part of the package.  Is it fair for me that it is no longer available?  Oh, I'm sure there's some small print somewhere that allows them to do this but the idea pisses me off.  First the CW is cancelled, then HBO is cancelled, and now CBS.  What the hell?  But now I'm stuck for the new two years with this contract.  So, it seems, I'll be keeping my CBS All Access...not the worst thing...but it's the principal. 

Comments