Day 329

Trash pickup went without a hitch and as planned finished just after 7 AM, so I could shower and make my doctor's appointment.  I've had the same doctor at Kaiser for a very long time now, and though I rarely have a need to see her (it's been more than two years), she is still wonderful and caring and takes her time. 

The good news is that I'm in excellent health.  The bad news is I have been scheduled for my next colonoscopy appointment next month...shit.  I know it's only every ten years, and I know it is very important.  However, I HATE taking that liquid and this time, I'm going to tell them to make sure I stay under until they are completely finished.  Last time, they woke me just a shade too early and it was very painful.  But overall, at 67, I am very happy to be healthy.  I did get another Cortisone shot for my arm.  So far, it hasn't taken, but I sort of remember it took a couple of days last time. 

Speaking of which, my cold is just about gone.  The doctor was emphatic to not go running too early as it could reactivate the cold, so I've decided to wait until Friday to start running again...making it a full week off the routine.  I can FEEL the pounds being added to my frame. 

Another decision.  Yes, I finally cut the cord and cancelled my Dish.  I signed up for You Tube TV and cancelled Hulu.  Now, I changed my mind.  It turns out there is no way to zip through commercials on You Tube TV and having to sit through them this past week all but destroys the enjoyment of the programs.  I called back Dish and made a deal.  I'll sign up for the next two years if they can get that $160 per month payment down.  They managed to give me a deal that gives me 120 channels (vs 240 before) and no more charge for HD (a stupid add-on) for $60 per month.  That's $100 cheaper and only $20 per month more than You Tube...definitely worth it to me.  So, Dish is back.  I really do enjoy their Hopper technology and I love zipping through the commercials. 

My next move it to cancel the CBS All-Access which is $10 per month.  Now that Dish is back, I'll have CBS shows, and though I really like the Star Trek series, I don't love it.  Plus All-Access is not completely true as you can't go back and watch previous seasons of their shows, which I thought All Access meant.  It's all good. 

I did have some trouble at first with the Dish getting hooked back up but their tech support is excellent (always has been) and we got it up and running great.  I'm very happy with the decision.  This is all a little ironic because lately, I've been getting tired of watching TV altogether, but I think that's just a phase. 

Comments