Day 321

There simply is no way to come up with a more creative opening to these daily blogs.  Let's face, 321 days of "My run went well" can be quite monotonous, but it's what starts the day.  There have been occasional coyote sightings (one this morning) and every so often a white owl flies from one light post to the next...I like seeing them.  They are quite majestic in their own way.  This morning's run was the usual, but not what I'd consider a strong run.  I took the shorter route considering trash day. I don't need to do this, but it's the only day of the week I do and it breaks up the week a bit.  I know I'm going to get more than enough steps in for the day with the trash pick up.

I went to the movies once again taking the trolley to Mission Valley Center and I saw Widows, which I assumed would be a formulaic revenge/heist flick but with the ladies.  I was completely wrong.  This movie had some great twists and went in directions I'd never would have assumed.  I really enjoyed this movie. 

This brings up a notion I will share here and though I'm confident no one is likely to ever read this, I don't mind writing it down.  But the point of the blogs, of course, is to show that I'm still working on my diet challenge, but it's also a vehicle for me to express my thoughts of the day.  As I have gotten older, I've either become more of a prude or I'm just getting tired of what I consider gratuitous sex scenes.  This of course is counter to my life as I've always been up for seeing beautiful women but the critical part of me asks, "Was this necessary to the plot?"  There's a scene in Widows where one of the characters turns to hooking to make ends meet...but that's a strong word...there's only one man and he is very considerate of her and is very up front and honest with her about what and why they do what they do together....fine.  However, they do have the obligatory sex scene where they're having sex and so on.  I ask myself...has this moved the plot forward?  Could they have just fallen on to the bed, started to undress and end it there and would the movie be any less good?  No. The sex scene was completely unnecessary.  Even as I type this, I can't believe I'm typing this. 

After the movie, I stopped at the coffee place I discovered before when one of the trolley's broke down.  This time I walked around for a bit and checked out all the shops.  I enjoyed my cup of coffee and a chapter from my book and finally headed home.  I ended the day with over 14 K steps.  Not bad.

Comments