Day 318

I had a strong run and swim today; however, I was surprised how many coyotes were out and about.  I came across two singles, and down my Santee Lakes, there was a pack of four adults.  The singles don't concern me, but I do get nervous when there's a pack.  I don't believe I need to worry about an attack, but truth be told, I just don't know.  I'm considering getting a compressed horn blower to put in my pocket just in case.  Usually, I'd catch one coyote every couple of weeks or so, but to run into a total of six is unprecedented. 

By the time, I finished my swim, all three lanes were being used.  Rather unusual for 3:30 in the morning.  I realize that the media talks a lot about the increasing weight of Americans, but if the gyms are any example, I'd have to question that.  All the gyms seem to be busy all the time and there are joggers everywhere all the times of the day and night.  Granted, living in Southern California makes a difference, but it seems plenty of people are staying in shape...and I'm PROUD to finally be included in that group.

I once again took the Trolley, this time to Mission Valley to see the new Fantastic Beasts movie.  It was okay with lots of spectacle, but overall I was a tad disappointed.  The entire movie was a set up for the next movie...and I don't like that.  The last movie had heart, this one, not so much.  This isn't to say I didn't like the movie, I did.  I just that it needed something more. 

I came back and the universal remote came from Amazon.  I haven't used it yet and now wondering just why I got it considering my original is just fine.  Dish hasn't sent the boxes for me to return the equipment yet.  I did order CBS All Access with no commercials and I also ordered You Tube TV.  I've become very spoiled when it comes to not having to sit through commercials, so I'm not sure if I'll keep You Tube TV or not, but at $40 a month, it certainly is very reasonable.  I figure with You Tube TV ($40); CBS All Access ($10), I'm still saving a lot $110 per month over Dish.  I could even take on HBO GO and do much better. 

I've learned that I have 11 months left on my car payments.  So, Oct of next year, I can scratch another $400 per month savings.  These two savings alone almost make my house lot rent.  Here's knocking on wood that no major expenses come up because financially I doing just fine and will be for the foreseeable future.  I feel very blessed...not a good word for me, but it'll do.

Comments