Day 314
I've mentioned this a few times before but it bears repeating. I write these on the morning of today and the day I'm writing about it yesterday. What happened on Day 314. Now because I have information now about yesterday (as you will see here), the lines get a little blurred about what happened yesterday and what happened this morning. For example, as I write this, I've already done my run and my swim (It's 4:30 AM right now), so the reports will take about today's run and swim (Day 315) but the rest of the report is what happened yesterday. In the big picture, it really doesn't matter, but just for clarity, I occasionally feel I need to point this out.
It's Veteran's Day, so Cindy and the office is closed. I took this opportunity to go and get some medical tests done being that I have a full physical next week. So, I had blood drawn from each arm and then had my flu shot and a pneumonia shot, again one in each arm. The nurse said that I may have for forego my swim for a day as my arms will be sore. However, this morning after I did my jog (a sluggish, cold day), I just got dressed and went to the gym and did my swim I actually feel it helped some of the soreness go away. I'm always very satisfied with myself when I complete both my exercises for the day. I someone manage to not fall in the old pattern of coming up with any and all excuses why I can't do them. I've been very good this year. I wish I could say the same for my eating, but that continues to be the major struggle for me.
I worked a little more on my scooter. I went to Lowe's to buy some metal strips and clamps and did find what I needed but they really didn't fit the job. So, I re-clued them and will again today. Time will tell. Aside from that, it was pretty much a lazy day of TV and computer poker. I'm not complaining. I enjoy all that. But I have to admit, I'm losing more and more interest in TV and find myself turning it off sooner. There was a time I could watch all day, but lately after an hour or so, I'm done with it. I'm due for a new distraction. I thought the scooter would be that, but until spring and summer, that's unlikely added to the broken piece I'm trying to fix but am not optimistic.
I learned that Stan Lee died today. Why would this bother me so much? I suppose I just enjoyed all his little cameos in all the Marvel movies and his history. Of course, at 95 I shouldn't be surprised but he seemed so full of life and energy at that age. RIP Stan.
It's Veteran's Day, so Cindy and the office is closed. I took this opportunity to go and get some medical tests done being that I have a full physical next week. So, I had blood drawn from each arm and then had my flu shot and a pneumonia shot, again one in each arm. The nurse said that I may have for forego my swim for a day as my arms will be sore. However, this morning after I did my jog (a sluggish, cold day), I just got dressed and went to the gym and did my swim I actually feel it helped some of the soreness go away. I'm always very satisfied with myself when I complete both my exercises for the day. I someone manage to not fall in the old pattern of coming up with any and all excuses why I can't do them. I've been very good this year. I wish I could say the same for my eating, but that continues to be the major struggle for me.
I worked a little more on my scooter. I went to Lowe's to buy some metal strips and clamps and did find what I needed but they really didn't fit the job. So, I re-clued them and will again today. Time will tell. Aside from that, it was pretty much a lazy day of TV and computer poker. I'm not complaining. I enjoy all that. But I have to admit, I'm losing more and more interest in TV and find myself turning it off sooner. There was a time I could watch all day, but lately after an hour or so, I'm done with it. I'm due for a new distraction. I thought the scooter would be that, but until spring and summer, that's unlikely added to the broken piece I'm trying to fix but am not optimistic.
I learned that Stan Lee died today. Why would this bother me so much? I suppose I just enjoyed all his little cameos in all the Marvel movies and his history. Of course, at 95 I shouldn't be surprised but he seemed so full of life and energy at that age. RIP Stan.
Comments
Post a Comment