Day 313
I woke at at 1:20 AM this morning, and I mean really woke up. I tried to lay there thinking I had more time, but I finally just gave up and got up. I did finally put on my heater for the first time this year. Santee was in the 30's this morning...it was time. The heater in my place works great even though the white glove heating company once said it needed replacing (at almost $10 K) and that was three years ago...didn't trust them then...don't trust them now.
I again wore my sweatshirt and gloves that did the trick, though I now know I will need to buy some new sweatpants to get through the winter. The run went just fine as well as the swim and I was back home finished by 3:45 AM. Crazy...I know, but I seem to like it just fine.
Yesterday, I put the scooter together and after throwing all the packaging in the dumpster, I notices the the back fender was broken. This isn't normally a problem except that the back fender hold the housing for the braking system...shit! I tried super gluing it together, but that doesn't seem to work. So now, I will need to come up with a jerry-rigged system to get it fixed. So, I have a new project and will have to tax my problem-solving skills. I do have an idea and will share it later. I did ride it and after figuring it out, it runs really well. I just seriously don't know when or how much I will actually use it. Oh well...chalk it up.
The rest of the afternoon I watched the rest of Westworld, and that turned out to be a mistake as it was just too damn weird. However, while watching, I did manage to wrap all my Christmas gifts (save the mystery gift). I had gone to Target and found the Life Saver books at 2 for $5...the cheapest I have ever bought them and considering I had to buy 8 of them, along with my 5% Target Red Card discount turned out to by only $19.00. Super cheap. Amazon wants $6.99 for each one or $56 had I bought them. Yeow!
I absolutely HATE wrapping gifts. I don't know why, I just do. When I was teaching, I would pay a student to wrap all my gifts for me after school or doing lunch. I paid well, so the student made out and I had a much better wrapped present then I ever do.
Food was not my best today: ham scramble, popcorn chicken, assorted Halloween leftover candy, and chicken nuggets. I'm still okay, but wow...it was a one of those, "I'm hungry days."
I again wore my sweatshirt and gloves that did the trick, though I now know I will need to buy some new sweatpants to get through the winter. The run went just fine as well as the swim and I was back home finished by 3:45 AM. Crazy...I know, but I seem to like it just fine.
Yesterday, I put the scooter together and after throwing all the packaging in the dumpster, I notices the the back fender was broken. This isn't normally a problem except that the back fender hold the housing for the braking system...shit! I tried super gluing it together, but that doesn't seem to work. So now, I will need to come up with a jerry-rigged system to get it fixed. So, I have a new project and will have to tax my problem-solving skills. I do have an idea and will share it later. I did ride it and after figuring it out, it runs really well. I just seriously don't know when or how much I will actually use it. Oh well...chalk it up.
The rest of the afternoon I watched the rest of Westworld, and that turned out to be a mistake as it was just too damn weird. However, while watching, I did manage to wrap all my Christmas gifts (save the mystery gift). I had gone to Target and found the Life Saver books at 2 for $5...the cheapest I have ever bought them and considering I had to buy 8 of them, along with my 5% Target Red Card discount turned out to by only $19.00. Super cheap. Amazon wants $6.99 for each one or $56 had I bought them. Yeow!
I absolutely HATE wrapping gifts. I don't know why, I just do. When I was teaching, I would pay a student to wrap all my gifts for me after school or doing lunch. I paid well, so the student made out and I had a much better wrapped present then I ever do.
Food was not my best today: ham scramble, popcorn chicken, assorted Halloween leftover candy, and chicken nuggets. I'm still okay, but wow...it was a one of those, "I'm hungry days."
Comments
Post a Comment