Day 309
My run went quite well and the swim as well. There's one other guy in the pool at 3:30 AM along with me. He's been there before and it's funny to watch him swim. He seems to be in his late 20s and in pretty good shape, but the guy seems to have no clue how to properly swim. He wears goggles but never puts his head under water. He swims 25 meters (the length of the pool) and then stops to rest. I, on the other hand, swim 500 meters with a variety of strokes and never stop. I'm not saying this to construe I'm better, but rather to point out that the swim is for a workout, which doesn't appear to be his goal. Oh well...takes all kinds.
So, Jose was going to finish the porch and screen door and was making a super racket, so I noticed that the movie First Man was available on my Movie Pass at Parkway Center. I drove down there and when I arrived at the theater, the movie disappeared and I couldn't get in for free...forget it. Movie Pass has become completely unreliable. I'm glad I got as much use out of it as I did. So, it seems the AMC theaters will be the only way for me to go in the future unless I catch a flick or two with Movie Pass before it expires in January.
I did pick up some Pine scented candles and a box of Christmas butter cookies (I didn't need them but with coffee in the morning...yum, and will need to adjust my daily calories the rest of the day accordingly).
Jose finished the porch but told me that the back screen door will not work properly on the back because my stairs are crooked, which they are so back it goes. I will consider having him completely rebuild new stairs for me sometime down the line, but for now it's completely unnecessary. And considering I may not have a job come January, I should be cautious.
I went to meet the Financial Adviser's secretary to sign off my ROTH account after seven years. I was hoping for about $25 K, but it turned out to be $23,300. Having contributed $21 K, the two thousand interest seems disappointing but it is what it is. I'm supposed to get a check in about a week or two. I will put in in savings and wait to see what happens with my job next year. I also learned the the loan I took out of my account to buy my place will not expire for another 10 years. Ouch!
My car loan will be up next year, so that's another $352 a month savings. Add that to the $160 a month savings from cancelling Dish and another $10 savings cancelling Hulu...all of this is a good thing. Of course, I still have a lot of accounts I pay each month for entertainment. Annual memberships with the Zoo, Balboa Park Museums, Trolley, You Tube, AMC Theaters, Amazon Prime, Poker Go, and I'm seriously considering Broadway HD ($99 per year). All of this amounts to around $1900 per year. That breaks down to $100 a month, am I am considering going with You Tube's TV for another $40 per month. I do believe spending $200 per month on all my entertainment needs is well within my budget considering being retired, all I need are entertainment funds. So, I think I'm good.
I have a feeling that my increased caloric intake is evening out my weight loss. I suppose as long as I don't GAIN weight, I'm okay with it at this point. Almost every one agrees that I'm almost too thin, though I would LOVE to get rid of the excess fat and wrinkled skin around my waist. We'll see. I'm in a good place, at the moment.
I'm having a strange problem with my right calf muscle that seems to want to pull or a charlie horse of some kind. It doesn't act up when I'm jogging, just when I'm walking. My body is a complete mystery to me.
So, Jose was going to finish the porch and screen door and was making a super racket, so I noticed that the movie First Man was available on my Movie Pass at Parkway Center. I drove down there and when I arrived at the theater, the movie disappeared and I couldn't get in for free...forget it. Movie Pass has become completely unreliable. I'm glad I got as much use out of it as I did. So, it seems the AMC theaters will be the only way for me to go in the future unless I catch a flick or two with Movie Pass before it expires in January.
I did pick up some Pine scented candles and a box of Christmas butter cookies (I didn't need them but with coffee in the morning...yum, and will need to adjust my daily calories the rest of the day accordingly).
Jose finished the porch but told me that the back screen door will not work properly on the back because my stairs are crooked, which they are so back it goes. I will consider having him completely rebuild new stairs for me sometime down the line, but for now it's completely unnecessary. And considering I may not have a job come January, I should be cautious.
I went to meet the Financial Adviser's secretary to sign off my ROTH account after seven years. I was hoping for about $25 K, but it turned out to be $23,300. Having contributed $21 K, the two thousand interest seems disappointing but it is what it is. I'm supposed to get a check in about a week or two. I will put in in savings and wait to see what happens with my job next year. I also learned the the loan I took out of my account to buy my place will not expire for another 10 years. Ouch!
My car loan will be up next year, so that's another $352 a month savings. Add that to the $160 a month savings from cancelling Dish and another $10 savings cancelling Hulu...all of this is a good thing. Of course, I still have a lot of accounts I pay each month for entertainment. Annual memberships with the Zoo, Balboa Park Museums, Trolley, You Tube, AMC Theaters, Amazon Prime, Poker Go, and I'm seriously considering Broadway HD ($99 per year). All of this amounts to around $1900 per year. That breaks down to $100 a month, am I am considering going with You Tube's TV for another $40 per month. I do believe spending $200 per month on all my entertainment needs is well within my budget considering being retired, all I need are entertainment funds. So, I think I'm good.
I have a feeling that my increased caloric intake is evening out my weight loss. I suppose as long as I don't GAIN weight, I'm okay with it at this point. Almost every one agrees that I'm almost too thin, though I would LOVE to get rid of the excess fat and wrinkled skin around my waist. We'll see. I'm in a good place, at the moment.
I'm having a strange problem with my right calf muscle that seems to want to pull or a charlie horse of some kind. It doesn't act up when I'm jogging, just when I'm walking. My body is a complete mystery to me.
Comments
Post a Comment