Day 306

The run went well.  The swim went well.  I realize I start each day's blog entry with this but it's important to understand that this is such a major accomplishment for me and I don't take it for granted.  For 306 stays of walking and then jogging every day without an injury or sickness is something very special and I don't take if for granted. 

This morning I was earlier than usual as I didn't sleep very well and got up at 2 AM, got dressed and was out the door by 2:15 after the daily stretching and counter push ups.  It was very foggy and a little cold, so I wore my gloves.  For whatever reason, when it's cold, my hands get numb but I still wear shorts and a t-shirt and it doesn't seem to bother me and after I finish, I am in a sweat regardless of the temperature outside...go figure.

I'm loving the new gym and I was surprised that at 3:30 AM there was another guy in the pool but he didn't last long.  I did my 500 meters, showered and was home by 4.

Day 306 was a Sunday and as I said I would, I returned to the swap meet at the Sports Arena to buy some more hats.  I end up getting three.  One for $3 and the other two for $5.  And these are quality made hats.  I also got some super glue, some chili cashews, a dozen hot mini-donuts, and a new sprinkler for my hose outside. 

I then walked around a lot and finally went to the Hillcrest Theater to see the Melissa McCarthy movie, Can You Ever Forgive Me.  I used my Movie Pass, one of the few movies that was available, and I have to admit, there was nothing wrong with the movie...it was just boring.  It was predictable and slow and I finally left early.  It's not often I do that, but I just wasn't impressed.  Of course, the popcorn was good!

I also discovered a very cool Farmer's Market in Hillcrest that I will go again.  They had some of the most eclectic eatery booths.  It was very cool.

I managed over 16 K+ steps for the day.  The only downside to the day was eating all of the cashews, that was dumb and didn't do my digestive tracts any favors as well.  I'm a tad guilty about the mini donuts, but they were very small and all together would have probably made two regular donuts.  There were, in a word, delicious!  A ham scramble and chicken nuggets round out today's eating, which is likely a bit over the caloric daily goal, but nothing serious.

Comments