Day 305
I had a good run this morning and then went to the gym for my swim. Here's something--it's a Sunday and it's 4 AM; one would think I'd have the pool to myself. No. All three lanes were taken. What the? I got dressed (my fault--I should have checked before dressing out), and went to the newly opened 24 Hour Fitness on Navajo, which used to be an LA Fitness that I once belonged to. Well, it opened just yesterday and though there were a few people working out, the pool was completely mine.
So, let's call this good fortune because I came to this gym out of necessity, but now I've discovered a MUCH better place to swim. Not only is everything rebuilt new, but the lanes in the pool are wider and happily the water is just as warm. The showers are better and just everything about the place screams for me to make this my new gym to swim. The drive is just a smidgen further but all freeway, so I'm good there.
I'm having a hard time remembering just what I did on Day 305, which is a clue that I didn't do much. I did go to Walmart and get some spray for the deck and sprayed it completely hopefully killing all the vermin hiding in the wood there. I also found a shirt for $5 and bought another package of crackers. I checked for new jeans, but they didn't have my size.
Later in the afternoon I went Grossmont Shopping Center to the Walmart there and found some 34/32 jeans. This is a HUGE leap for me because 34 waist has always been my target size from the beginning, but I believe I mentioned in an earlier post that I would happy if I settled into a 36. However, I was able to wear these new 34's. Admittedly, they were a little tight, so I can assume that my Dec 31, they last day of the challenge, I will be comfortable in them.
I did wear them to dinner, which Cindy invited me join her and her aunt and uncle at Lido's for dinner. I ordered the shells with meat sauce. I ate about half of that and one slice of pizza along with on bit of garlic bread and a salad. Aside from the salad, NONE of these food items are on my eat list during this diet. I did keep it on the little portion side but know it was more calories than I should have had. Overall, I do believe that the days calorie total was not far above what it should be. So, no guilt here.
I'm a little surprised that my step meter only show over 10 K steps which means something is a miss because not only did I do my run, but I also did a lot of walking around Grossmont center. So, it is what it is. I still am not going to use the Fitbit anymore. It's a pain in backside and I just don't need it.
So, let's call this good fortune because I came to this gym out of necessity, but now I've discovered a MUCH better place to swim. Not only is everything rebuilt new, but the lanes in the pool are wider and happily the water is just as warm. The showers are better and just everything about the place screams for me to make this my new gym to swim. The drive is just a smidgen further but all freeway, so I'm good there.
I'm having a hard time remembering just what I did on Day 305, which is a clue that I didn't do much. I did go to Walmart and get some spray for the deck and sprayed it completely hopefully killing all the vermin hiding in the wood there. I also found a shirt for $5 and bought another package of crackers. I checked for new jeans, but they didn't have my size.
Later in the afternoon I went Grossmont Shopping Center to the Walmart there and found some 34/32 jeans. This is a HUGE leap for me because 34 waist has always been my target size from the beginning, but I believe I mentioned in an earlier post that I would happy if I settled into a 36. However, I was able to wear these new 34's. Admittedly, they were a little tight, so I can assume that my Dec 31, they last day of the challenge, I will be comfortable in them.
I did wear them to dinner, which Cindy invited me join her and her aunt and uncle at Lido's for dinner. I ordered the shells with meat sauce. I ate about half of that and one slice of pizza along with on bit of garlic bread and a salad. Aside from the salad, NONE of these food items are on my eat list during this diet. I did keep it on the little portion side but know it was more calories than I should have had. Overall, I do believe that the days calorie total was not far above what it should be. So, no guilt here.
I'm a little surprised that my step meter only show over 10 K steps which means something is a miss because not only did I do my run, but I also did a lot of walking around Grossmont center. So, it is what it is. I still am not going to use the Fitbit anymore. It's a pain in backside and I just don't need it.
Comments
Post a Comment