Day 304

My run today was a chore, though I did make it just fine.  My legs were tired and I jogged a lot of it like I used to in the beginning days but I did finish.  I then went to the gym for my swim.  I got here earlier than I ever have, around 3:30 AM, and was surprised that two of the lanes were being used, which is okay as my lane 3 (my favorite) was open.  In lane 1 was a very heavy man, who has been there every morning since I started going this early, who with water weights just walks back and forth.  He's doing it when I arrive, and he's still doing when I'm done, showered, and headed home.  I'm not sure if he's getting much out of it, but it's nice to see that he's working at it. 

I made a huge (for me) decision and I cancelled my Dish subscription.  I had been thinking about it for months.  At $160 per month, I found I simply wasn't using it very much as I ten do watch Netflix, You Tube, and Amazon--all online sites.  However, first Dish lost the CW network and now they've just lost HBO...that was the last straw.  It's being turned off on Nov 15.  So, I have a ton of shows saved on my DVR, so I'm going to either get to them or just lose them.  The fact that they're even there says I really don't care that much. 

Next year many things are going to happen.  I'm likely going to lose my security job here at the park as they're changing over to a time clock and Cindy is hiring a new assistant in the office that can easily do my job.  Let's face it, I'm being paid to check the doors at night, which takes just minutes, pick up trash every Tuesday that takes under two hours, and assorted little errands here and there.  I am very aware I'm expendable and frankly, if I were in charge, I'd let me go too.  However, I'm going to stay as long as they'll let me being that the money does cover my month rent.  I can make up the money I'm losing my stopping my Dish contract, stopping my Hulu account (I never watch it), my car will paid off sometime in the year, and hopefully, my personal loan is coming to an end.  Fortunately, I have ROTH account that I'm closing so that will be a nice lump sum, which I've already spent some on some home improvement projects (new porch carpet and security screen doors for the front and back doors).  I also will off this diet, but not to worry, I'm going to continue the runs and the swimming and will be VERY conscious of what the hell I put in my mouth every day. 

The Movie Pass experiment is all but over (it expires in two months anyway) as they now only allow chosen movies (the one's I don't care to see) and many days, they don't offer any at all.  So, I have purchased the AMC A-list subscription...yes, I know...another monthly bill for $20 per month.  This is better in every respect.  I can watch any movie any time up to three movies per week (I rarely go that often).  The only hang up is that it's only good at AMC theaters.  However, that's okay with me as I can drive or take the Trolley, which is what I did when I went to see NUTCRACKER at Fashion Valley.  The trolley took about 45 minutes, but that's okay...remember I have a senior trolley pass.  The movie was VERY Disney and predictable, but fun.  It's so much better for me to get and do something other than sit home and play poker on the computer and watch TV. 

I went to bed early 6 PM and woke up at 10 PM...it's amazing that my head time clock works this way.  I had some chicken nuggets and did my security check and went back to sleep and woke up at 2 AM and got up for my run and swim.  It's a very odd schedule I've created for myself, but I find that I'm really enjoying it. 

Comments