Day 302
Almost missing yesterday's post is indicative of me changing my routine as I will explain. I fully acknowledge that I am a routine guy. I crave it and live in it. I don't know where, how, or why I became that way--perhaps the Air Force training or simply because I do not like surprises. I enjoy structure, which is why I always made such a perfect employee. I did what I was told and was always prepared and on time.
I have changed my routine and also how I am going to post these blogs in the future. Because I write these the morning after and discussing the prior days events and thoughts, I find myself always trying to keep today's events out so as to wait for the following day. This has proved to be difficult. So, I'm going to place the events from the time I post the previous blog until when I write this. For example, it is now 5 AM, November 1 and I will write what's on my mind as of now along with yesterday. This way, I won't get the two confused. So, when I say the run went well or not, I'll be talking about the run I just finished though any major events that took place yesterday will also be noted.
The next shift is my swimming schedule. When I first started swimming, and I honestly don't remember when...perhaps May? I suppose I could look back on this very blog, but I don't care that much to be accurate. Anyway, I started swimming because I found that I was falling asleep around 8 PM and I had to stay up until 10 to do my security check. I thought that if I went to the gym and swam, it would wake me up and give me another form of exercise in aiding to my weight loss challenge. The crazy thing about this is that I NEVER swim. I have not been in a pool for probably 30 years and now I was going to actually set up a swimming schedule and routine.
That worked okay but I was constantly running into problems with all the lanes being occupied and many times I didn't get in the pool--not terribly bad but enough to make me reconsider. So about a month or so ago, I started this whole business of going swimming in the afternoon and then going to bed at 7 or 8 and waking up around 10 and then going back to bed after the security check, therefore, getting 6 or 7 hours of sleep versus only 5 from before. This worked okay too but I had to always work my day around the swim, which made movies and other activities a slave to my swim schedule. Finally, I decided to try swimming right after my run in the morning. I've done this for the past three days now and I'm finding that I love this schedule. Surprisingly, there are still people swimming that early as well, but I've yet to not get on a lane. Plus, after the run and the cold, getting into the heated pool is like jumping into a warm bath. I love and look forward to it. So, until things change, I will stick to this new routine.
I'm also going to quit posting my food intake. I weighed myself, it's that time, and I am at 197. I have now lost more than 100 pounds on this challenge. I'm going to quit counting every calorie, but I have now trained my brain enough to know what to eat and what not too. I will continue to run and swim every single day and I will make sure my eating doesn't exceed the calories I scientifically know I burn each day. Of course, I would love to be in the 180's by the end of the year and I have two months to do that. And I will continue to use this blog to keep me honest. If I have a bad day, I will report it as well as a good day.
Here's hoping the Blog 300-399 entries will be successful and problem free.
I have changed my routine and also how I am going to post these blogs in the future. Because I write these the morning after and discussing the prior days events and thoughts, I find myself always trying to keep today's events out so as to wait for the following day. This has proved to be difficult. So, I'm going to place the events from the time I post the previous blog until when I write this. For example, it is now 5 AM, November 1 and I will write what's on my mind as of now along with yesterday. This way, I won't get the two confused. So, when I say the run went well or not, I'll be talking about the run I just finished though any major events that took place yesterday will also be noted.
The next shift is my swimming schedule. When I first started swimming, and I honestly don't remember when...perhaps May? I suppose I could look back on this very blog, but I don't care that much to be accurate. Anyway, I started swimming because I found that I was falling asleep around 8 PM and I had to stay up until 10 to do my security check. I thought that if I went to the gym and swam, it would wake me up and give me another form of exercise in aiding to my weight loss challenge. The crazy thing about this is that I NEVER swim. I have not been in a pool for probably 30 years and now I was going to actually set up a swimming schedule and routine.
That worked okay but I was constantly running into problems with all the lanes being occupied and many times I didn't get in the pool--not terribly bad but enough to make me reconsider. So about a month or so ago, I started this whole business of going swimming in the afternoon and then going to bed at 7 or 8 and waking up around 10 and then going back to bed after the security check, therefore, getting 6 or 7 hours of sleep versus only 5 from before. This worked okay too but I had to always work my day around the swim, which made movies and other activities a slave to my swim schedule. Finally, I decided to try swimming right after my run in the morning. I've done this for the past three days now and I'm finding that I love this schedule. Surprisingly, there are still people swimming that early as well, but I've yet to not get on a lane. Plus, after the run and the cold, getting into the heated pool is like jumping into a warm bath. I love and look forward to it. So, until things change, I will stick to this new routine.
I'm also going to quit posting my food intake. I weighed myself, it's that time, and I am at 197. I have now lost more than 100 pounds on this challenge. I'm going to quit counting every calorie, but I have now trained my brain enough to know what to eat and what not too. I will continue to run and swim every single day and I will make sure my eating doesn't exceed the calories I scientifically know I burn each day. Of course, I would love to be in the 180's by the end of the year and I have two months to do that. And I will continue to use this blog to keep me honest. If I have a bad day, I will report it as well as a good day.
Here's hoping the Blog 300-399 entries will be successful and problem free.
Comments
Post a Comment