Day 298
I finished my run and I'm going to make a couple of observations that won't mean anything to any one except me. It's interesting that with fall here and the temperatures hovering in the low 50s that though my hands are close to numb, I still sweat from the chest. Strange. Also, I noticed this morning on a street during my route, there's an 8ft cement wall separating the noise on the street to the homes. When I run on this stretch, I can feel a noticeable difference in temperature. Though I'm a few feet away from the wall and running on the street asphalt, I can the radiant heat coming from the wall. These a just a couple of things I notice as I'm all alone running at 4:30 in the morning. Oh yes, another coyote hustling across the street in front me this morning.
As an experiment, I decided to go to the gym and swim after about 20 minutes (to cool down) after my run. I would imagine there would be fewer people there and getting a lane would be easy and it was. What surprised me was how much warmer the water felt. I've decided to continue this and make it my new routine contingent on how many people are swimming at this hour. After all, a Saturday morning may not be conducive of how it will be during the work week, but I intend to find out.
Originally, the plan was to go at 8 PM because I was getting too sleepy to make it until 10 for my security check. This worked well, but over time, there were too many nights when I couldn't get a lane. Then I moved it to the afternoon and that was better but again, it broke up the entire day as I needed to find a time to go around movies and whatever. By going in the early morning, I'll be showered for the day and have all my exercise done aside from whatever walking I'll be doing that day. What turned out to be objective of staying awake has now turned into an important part of my exercise routine. I certainly feel that it has improved my shoulder and chest areas and I certainly feel stronger.
I went to the Hillcrest Theater to see Colette. This turned out to be a very nice experience. There was no problem with the Movie Pass and the theater's new design is excellent. Of course, I have to pay full price for the popcorn and soda, but that's fine. The movie was very good. The rest of the day was computer poker and TV. As what has now become routine, I go to sleep around 7 PM and wake up in time for my chicken nuggets and my security check. Those two hours plus the 5 I get before waking up for my run seem to be sufficient for me. Now, let's see if this time schedule can hold up throughout the weeks ahead.
Food intake: crackers (240); small candies (500); chicken nuggets (500); chicken fingers (500); popcorn (400).
As an experiment, I decided to go to the gym and swim after about 20 minutes (to cool down) after my run. I would imagine there would be fewer people there and getting a lane would be easy and it was. What surprised me was how much warmer the water felt. I've decided to continue this and make it my new routine contingent on how many people are swimming at this hour. After all, a Saturday morning may not be conducive of how it will be during the work week, but I intend to find out.
Originally, the plan was to go at 8 PM because I was getting too sleepy to make it until 10 for my security check. This worked well, but over time, there were too many nights when I couldn't get a lane. Then I moved it to the afternoon and that was better but again, it broke up the entire day as I needed to find a time to go around movies and whatever. By going in the early morning, I'll be showered for the day and have all my exercise done aside from whatever walking I'll be doing that day. What turned out to be objective of staying awake has now turned into an important part of my exercise routine. I certainly feel that it has improved my shoulder and chest areas and I certainly feel stronger.
I went to the Hillcrest Theater to see Colette. This turned out to be a very nice experience. There was no problem with the Movie Pass and the theater's new design is excellent. Of course, I have to pay full price for the popcorn and soda, but that's fine. The movie was very good. The rest of the day was computer poker and TV. As what has now become routine, I go to sleep around 7 PM and wake up in time for my chicken nuggets and my security check. Those two hours plus the 5 I get before waking up for my run seem to be sufficient for me. Now, let's see if this time schedule can hold up throughout the weeks ahead.
Food intake: crackers (240); small candies (500); chicken nuggets (500); chicken fingers (500); popcorn (400).
Comments
Post a Comment